- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
Wise is one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, providing transparent and low cost money transfer services to over 10 million customers in more than 70 countries. We are looking for an awesome new Operational Tax Manager to come on board in London, to help us on our high speed growth journey!
You’ll be part of a commercially-minded Tax team, helping to ensure our tax affairs are efficient, transparently compliant and slick so that our mission is sustainable.
- Manage the timely and correct delivery of the global AEOI reporting
- Own all things FATCA and CRS (W-8s, self-certifications, tax authority correspondence, risk and control framework, changes to the law)
- Develop and manage the group CCO and SAO policies and procedures
- Maintain and enhance the group controls, policies and governance structure
- Undertake ad hoc tax research and tax projects in relation to Wise expansion into new markets or new products.
- Work closely with advisors, product managers, engineers, data analysts, product designers other system teams to ease the efficiency of tax in our products
- Support and assist any technical questions arising from the wider business regarding AEOI. This will include regular updates to the compliance, banking and expansion and leadership teams.
- Engage with the Government Relations team on any changes to operational tax legislation
As we continue to scale at speed, this role will inevitably evolve over time, so you’ll need to be proactive, independent and excited at the prospect of solving unfamiliar problems.
- Relevant practical experience in tax in a professional services firm or in-house environment)
- Solid AEOI understanding and experience with the ability to apply the core legislation to our customer’s expectations and needs.
- Solid understanding of core operational tax and tax governance principles
- Independent self-starter with good communication skills (we are a global organisation with offices around the world so remote communication is key).
- Drive and energy to foster impactful relationships throughout Wise
Some extra skills that would be great
- Accounting or law degree, and fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA, or similar.
- Practical experience of SAO and CCO
- Experience working in or for technology and/or financial services businesses.
- Interest in technology and its use in tax and finance.
- Experience working with product teams and engineers
Some of your benefits:
- Stock options
- Generous parental leave
- Travel to other global Wise offices
- Loads of growth and development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.