- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to:
- Keep an eye on the payments’ engine and solve payment-related problems.
- Build solid ownership of operational processes with your team
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
- Act as a point of contact between Wise and our partners
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better.
- You are located anywhere in the world and willing to move to Tallinn, Estonia (relocation is supported)
- You have excellent written and verbal English and Japanese skills
- You have relevant experience working in operations. An added bonus if in startup/fintech industry
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and take charge on projects when needed
- You’re a great communicator, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You place customers’ first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn
- You’re flexible with your working hours. Our customers are based globally and we aim to help them any time they need it. We’re flexible with how we work covering different times, occasionally weekends or public holidays.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- You have worked in cross border team – know their challenges and how to overcome those
- If you are interested, please submit your CV and cover letter.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.