- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
We’re looking for an experienced Head of People Advisors & Partners to join our growing People team, to be located in Tallinn, Budapest or London. This role is a unique opportunity to lead our People Advisors & Partners teams across Europe, the Americas and APAC. You’ll have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We’ve built all of the Centers of Expertise within the People team, so you’ll be joining a strong structure that is set up for your success, leading teams whose work underpins our culture.
For People Advisors, this covers everything from operationally setting up new joiners and market expansions, role changes right through to advising on employee relations matters, and everything else in between! Essentially their mission is to help Wisers (our employees), Leads and teams deliver a seamless employee experience throughout their journey at Wise.
People Partners are new to Wise, and we’re building this capability to help our teams and the service we offer scale more effectively with the growth of the business, by partnering on strategy and planning whilst understanding how things work operationally on the back-end.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- We’re evolving our operating model – you’ll have the opportunity to bring your experience, skills and thought leadership to evolve the models across both teams.
- You’ll continue to optimise for the future and build upon our current ways of working. This means investing time in building for the future through tooling, automation and upskilling the teams.
- You’ll need to call on the technical experts to help you expand the teams’ plans long-term. This will involve high levels of collaboration across Reward, Recruitment, Analytics, Technology, Learning & Development, Payroll and Risk teams.
- Build, lead and grow a high performing global team of People Advisors & Partners experts.
- Set the long-range vision and plan for scaling People Advisors & Partners, helping the team to set OKRs to get them there.
- Use people metrics and data to create, own and deliver shorter term project plans that support your area/tribe’s goals.
- Create close, effective relationships with leaders of other functions in Wise and their teams, acting as a trusted people advisor to identify and achieve shared objectives.
- Help leaders and teams monitor their people-specific metrics and OKRs in their areas.
- Work with identified stakeholders (internal and external to Wise) to ensure that all People-related transactional processes and services are implemented effectively and consistently.
- Continuously improve People Advisor delivery with a focus on flexibility and operational efficiency; ensuring all processes are customer focused, cost effective and efficient.
- Work closely with the leads of other people functions to understand how the People model is evolving and ways to ensure that People Advisors & Partners can support this.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be a People Leader for your teams and trusted partner for the business. You’ll lead by example, sharing thought leadership and driving for solutions while building your team and taking them on the journey
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Worked in a high growth, product or service led (ideally tech) company – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and you’ll know how to apply the product mentality and methodology to hone your teams’ skill sets
- Substantial people partnering or operational expertise – you’ve led teams through the creation, development and implementation of substantial people initiatives in a global setting
- Led international teams before – you’ll be a strategic thought leader and guide for your team, helping them to have a big business impact while building highly effective relationships with their partners
- Broad technical expertise – meaning that no matter the challenge (a restructure, skills gap, training needs etc) you’re able to contribute and add value
- Data driven – you’ll base decisions on metrics and have clear KPIs for all your plans
- Please note: Applications for this role will be reviewed w/c 3rd January
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.