- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
Wise is helping to build a new world – a world without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. As we continue our journey of rapid growth, the People team’s job is to help Wise to grow, develop and build for the future. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Junior People Operations Specialist to join our Tallinn People Operations Team. This role supports our employees and leads and helps to deliver a seamless employee experience throughout their entire Wise(r) journey.
- Be the first point of contact for new employees in Tallinn;
- Prepare employment documents such as employment contracts; non-disclosure agreements, certificates, reference letters, etc;
- Maintain information in our HRIS;
- Provide support to the People Operations team with ad-hoc tasks and project-based work;
- Deal with employee questions on basic queries, escalating to the People Operations Specialist/Advisor or Lead as needed;
- Support with employee onboarding as needed;
- Maintain our Confluence with relevant information.
A bit about you
Here’s a little bit about what we think you’ll need to be successful and happy in this role:
- HR enthusiast – you have interest and an understanding of People Operations areas of work and issues alongside interest in HR processes and employment law.
- Resilient – you’re not afraid of routine, since your role includes a lot of administrative work. You have good attention to detail, are not afraid of data and are systematic in your work.
- Responsible – you are honest, solution oriented and reliable
- Fluent verbal & written English & Estonian – to keep yourself up to date with the latest developments in Estonian HR world and to communicate with different local authorities for knowledge and advice.
A bit about us:
Wise (formerly TransferWise) was founded in 2011 with a clear mission – money without borders — so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
In 2011 we launched a money transfer service enabling customers to send money around the world with the real exchange rate and without the crazy bank fees. In 2017 we launched our multi-currency account and debit card in Europe. With this account, people and businesses manage all their currencies in a single account, pay and get paid around the world with the real exchange rate and the low, transparent fees Wise is known for.
Now, 10 years on, over 10 million customers have trusted us to manage their money and we move over £5 billion around the world every single month.
- The growth of Wise and what’s next for us
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- How we work: a practical guide
- The value of stock in a growth company like Wise
- Salary: starting from 1500€ gross per month.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- Health days and additional sick leave compensation
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Please see the full list of our benefitshere
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.