- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
At an exciting time of ambitious growth, your role of People Advisor will pave the way in promoting a seamless and customer-focused experience across the employee lifecycle, and supporting our people (we call them Wisers) to do what they do best at Wise.
You’re someone who’ll keep us on track and compliant so our operational engine ticks along nicely, but you’re inquisitive and hungry for new ways we can handle things, process things, improve things… It’s that growth mindset which is key to the success of our team.
You’ll also play a vital role in how we do things as a global team, collaborating on key projects such as new market growth, attrition analysis and process automation, so that we have the foundations in place for our team to thrive as a globally trusted advisor and partner.
Achieving your mission:
- Point of contact for Wisers and Leads who need guidance on their employee rights and entitlements – you’ll be responding to any queries or problems that they have, managing their expectations, and keeping them up to date on any changes that are made
- Own employee relations matters from start to finish (e.g. probation, performance, conflict management, investigation, disciplinary, grievance, termination)
- Support Wisers who are looking to take parental leave, navigating them through the different stages of that journey and the policies to support them
- Work alongside our Global Mobility team to manage international remote working requests via our Mobile Wiser initiative
- Facilitate employment transfers from one geo to another, ensuring that Wisers have a full understanding of everything to consider about their move
- Deliver People-related training sessions in order to share knowledge of People topics, and refreshing the content so it continues to be engaging and relevant
- Proactively keep up to date with local employment laws and working practices, updating our relevant guidelines, documentation and Confluence pages as necessary to remain compliant, but also considering our Wise tone of voice and thinking about ways in which we could enhance our offering above the norm
- Manage Skilled Worker visa applications, renewals and change processes, ensuring that Wisers are supported throughout and we continue to remain compliant
- Provide accurate and detailed People-related data and reporting – this includes a proactive approach to absence management and attrition, ensuring we effectively monitor any trends that may require intervention
- Support the team in maintaining Workday (our HR system) with high levels of accuracy, partnering with our Payroll team to ensure they have everything they need to run an error-free payroll
- Manage contingent worker onboarding and offboarding, ensuring we adhere to IR35 legislation and have all necessary documentation in place
- Maintain accurate Wiser benefits records, liaising with our vendors to ensure we continue to offer a rewarding and competitive benefits package
- Contribute to projects both on a local and global level which will continue to shape the future of Wise
- Contribute towards the bi-annual planning cycles by attending review sessions, collating data on team performance, sharing ideas for improvements and new projects, etc.
- Help identify any other projects we need to turn our attention to, keeping continuous improvement in mind – if things we put into place don’t work, let’s reflect, learn and make things better!
A bit about you:
- Previous and demonstrable experience in a HR Generalist / People Operations role – you may have just started out as an Advisor or you’re ready to take your Advisor experience to the next level
- A strong growth mindset – being resilient to and excited about change, with the opportunities it brings and the multiple projects you’ll be involved with simultaneously
- Growing knowledge of UK employment law and working practices
- Experience in advising and dealing with a range of employee relations matters end to end
- A heap of empathy and emotional intelligence – you’ll need to be able to communicate effectively with all kinds of people both in person and in writing
- Computer literate (Google Suite, Microsoft Office, HRIS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Courageous and calm in challenging situations
Extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working within an international team
- Experience working in an organisation during hyper-growth phase
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Salary: Up to £45,000 annually
- We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here