- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
This role can be based in Budapest, Tallinn or London
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
A bit about the job
We’re on the hunt for an experienced people leader to join our team. You will have had a past life as a technical sourcing expert, but you’re now happy to (mostly) step away from candidates and focus on developing a team instead.
You’ll initially have responsibility for a team of 3 geographically dispersed recruiters, who share a common passion for hiring the best engineers, creating memorable candidate experiences and solving tricky challenges in partnership with our Engineering leads – but all have independent approaches. You’ll be tasked with bringing the team together with a shared vision, and hiring new team members to support our ambitious growth plans.
This is a team with tons of potential, but need a maximiser that understands the unique strengths they each have, and understands how to build a path that excites each individual. A big part of this is going to be giving feedback and holding your team accountable, but it works both ways – you want to develop yourself, and welcome feedback from your team in order to do that.
We’re a fast-moving and ever-evolving organisation, but you’ll need to introduce longer term strategies to make sure we are always in the position to identify who our Engineering teams need, when and where they will have the most impact. You’ll partner with our VP Engineering and other leads to define how Engineering recruitment works at TransferWise. This will include elements of our employer brand initiatives, planning and hiring processes, salaries and onboarding.
A bit about you:
- This won’t be your first time leading a team.
- You realise that your team’s success is your success, so you step back to let them shine.
- You’re at home in a fast moving technology company where nothing stays ‘done’ for long.
- You’ve proven yourself as an expert technical recruiter and found that building relationships with senior engineers comes naturally.
- You get a buzz out of innovative ideas and solving problems in a creative way, but you’re just as good at coaxing these ideas out of others as you are at coming up with them yourself.
- Team: Distributed across London UK, Tallinn Estonia.
- Compensation: Salary + Stock options in a profitable company
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise (on top of annual leave)
- Generous Paid Time Off, parental leave, paid holidays, sick days, and other leave opportunities
- Health insurance plans, wellbeing/sports discounts
- Relocation support
- A fun work environment with social activities, weekly team lunches and events
- Loads of development opportunities