- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
Wise is helping to build a new world – a world without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Our Global Workplace Team plays a key part in the employee experience at Wise, through our curated spaces, events and services.
We’re looking for a passionate and people-centric Community Coordinator to join us. Based at our Singapore office, you will help us to create a customer focused workplace experience and support day-to-day operations.
This is a great opportunity for someone that likes a varied role, who is independent, yet enjoys being social and who wants to play an important part in shaping our agile, fun and vibrant workplace.
- Curate a welcoming and collaborative community environment that supports an inclusive culture for our 200+ employees.
- Build relationships with our employee community and proactively gather information, so the Workplace Team can anticipate their needs before they arise and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Inform our employee community about local information, building updates and upcoming events via agreed communication channels.
- Support and guide our employee community on how to use our amenities to help them maximise their productivity in the workplace.
- Assist with the planning and execution of community events to promote employee networking, wellbeing and our mission.
- Evaluate and assist events based on attendance, satisfaction, and impact, to ensure they remain relevant and continue to deliver value to our employee community.
- Ensure building-specific operational requirements are met for each event such as health and safety, technical setup, and site logistics
Front desk and mailroom
- Provide a welcoming arrival experience for all employees and visitors while maintaining the necessary level of building security.
- Cover the front desk during the building’s business hours and support with:
- Answering queries from our employee community and visitors
- Receiving, sorting, scanning and sending mail
- Coordinating third-party courier services
- Manage safe building access
- Issue and track building security access cards, ensuring that they are returned by leavers.
- Ensure that the space is fully operational and processes are running efficiently.
- Address day-to-day landlord issues including coordinating and overseeing building access as necessary.
- Assist with regular building walkthroughs to address building maintenance issues, pre-empt potential risks before they arise, ensure supplies are replenished and identify areas for improvement.
- Support with the periodic review and revision of base building documents, lease information, asset registers and floor plans to ensure they are up to date.
- Input into the Singapore office’s operational expenditure budget, quarterly forecasting and monthly reconciliations to actuals.
- Coordinate local workplace vendors, including negotiating commercial terms, contract management, on site supervision and invoice processing.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimisation and vendor rationalisation to get us closer to achieving Mission Zero.
- Encourage a level of uncompromising cleanliness, know and explain guidance around workplace etiquette.
- Coordinate food and beverage offerings to ensure the quality and presentation are aligned with our standards.
- Ensure workplace helpdesk requests submitted by employees are resolved in a timely manner.
Health and safety
- Share helpful information on workplace wellbeing and ergonomics to promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Partner with the Workplace Safety Team to ensure that Wise is compliant with relevant health and safety legislation, including but not limited to:
- Display screen equipment assessments (DSE)
- Risk assessments
- Water testing
- Fire safety and first aid
- Appliance testing
- Accident reporting and security alerts
- Contractor risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Support the Community Team including your immediate colleagues with identifying opportunities for operational and process optimisation.
- Provide support to local workplace projects and initiatives.
- Promote workplace sustainability and help us to achieve our goal of net zero carbon by 2030.
- Help us to execute and deliver on our ‘destination workplace’ vision and support our hybrid working model.
A bit about you:
- Some previous experience in hospitality, retail, events or workplace.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Financial and data literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great organisation, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to think ‘big picture’.
- Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Proficiency in excel, google suite and slack software tools..
- Passion and understanding of entrepreneurial, start-up or tech communities.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.