- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Network Engineer to join our core network connectivity team.
The team is responsible for defining the foundations of internal networking in AWS. These foundations include how teams can provision VPCs, connectivity and network policies in a scalable way, and enable communication between various workloads, but read on if this sounds like something you are interested in.
As part of a team of engineers who design and build out the platform according to both strategic goals and operational needs – we run a deep networking stack from AWS fundamentals to Kubernetes service mesh. We need to strike the right level of abstraction for new features, while keeping existing users and possible migration paths in mind.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and repeatable design patterns. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, the demand for creating and connecting new environments grows as well, and use-cases get more complex. We need to absorb this growth by continuously raising our abstraction, with a laser focus on availability and security. We’re looking for someone who can analyse complex requirements and deliver clean solutions to help our teams achieve our mission with speed and confidence.
- AWS networking at scale in a HA production environment
- Cloud architecture and managing/scaling distributed systems
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components
- Kubernetes interoperation with AWS networking
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (for example Python or Golang)
- Experience with Linux command line tools – networking especially – and scripting
- Ability to review and discuss complex requirements and identify simple solutions
- Strong communicator, written and verbal
- Self starter who can drive projects to completion
- Driven to automate manual operations
- Thinks about risks, security and reliability
- Open to both mentoring others as well as learning from them
- Looks for opportunity to add impact and challenge the norm
- More about us here: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering/the-transferwise-stack-2020-edition-68f70267501b.
- And for a sneak peek into the Wise world of (Platform) Engineering check out our Tech Blog: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering/tagged/platform.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
A bit about Wise…
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work…
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.