- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
We are looking for a “hands on” Cloud Engineer to join our growing governance engineering team.
The team is responsible for building the foundations of the platform in AWS. These foundations include things like account structure and how teams access and manage resources in AWS but read on if this sounds like something you’re interested in.
As part of a team of engineers who design and build out the platform according to both strategic goals and operational needs – You’ll be responsible for growing the platform maturity in Amazon Web Services, and expanding our reach geographically and our scalability.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and repeatable design patterns. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, our AWS estate becomes more complex, and we need to absorb the scale of our growing user base, with a laser focus on uptime and availability. We’re very sensitive to cost (it plays an important role in achieving our mission), this role plays a valuable part in how we monitor and optimise our spend as we grow. We’re looking for someone who can rationalise the patterns of the estate and help guide our teams to the best approach to impact our mission.
- AWS products at scale and complexity
- Cloud architecture and managing/scaling distributed systems
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python or Golang
- Experience with standard Linux command line tools and bash scripting
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Using configuration management or software delivery platforms to manage systems (such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer)
- Experience running complex products at scale.
- Self starter who can run with projects
- Drive to automate manual operations
- Thinks about risk and reliability
- Security mindset
- Strong communication, written and verbal
- Looks for where you can add impact and upset the norm
More about us here:
- And for a sneak peek into the Wise world of Engineering check out our Tech Blog: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
A bit about Wise…
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work…
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.