- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- We are looking for an engineering lead to join our Observability team.
- The Observability team’ mission is to make sure Wisers and Customers have visibility into the status of Wise systems. To provide tooling and frameworks for engineering teams for transaction tracing, performance analysis, business monitoring and alerting.
- Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team
- Observability is key to building a quality product, helping the business move fast and resolving issues as soon as possible. The team is responsible for designing, building and running a comprehensive observability stack for a diverse range of products and architectures.
- In addition, this team leads the charge on defining good observability practices company wide and making it easier to build a better product.
Is this you?
- You have previous experience of leading and mentoring a team of engineers in a similar role
- You understand the value of balancing customer centric thinking and technical skills and can coach other engineers on both
- You’re comfortable and confident providing input to other teams’ priorities
- Wise is rapidly expanding so you know what it takes to keep pace with rapid business growth.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared, and openness is valued
- You have been involved in designing and operating business critical information systems, including 24/7 support
- Your role will be a combination of coaching and leading a talented team of engineers and doing hands-on contribution
- With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with your engineers, to make both product and project decisions.
- Working with others in the platform and the broader engineering teams on a shared platform vision.
- You have a good understanding of modern Observability concepts and tooling
- You have experience of microservices, you’ll know how distributed systems can fail, and how to architect them resiliently
- You have experience of AWS (or other public cloud), and containerisation with Docker and Kubernetes
- At least one of software/scripting language knowledge in detail to get things done
Nice to Have:
- Experience in implementing SRE principles
- Experience working in regulated business – PCI etc
- Have experience of capacity planning as well as performance and load testing
- A good understanding of large data volumes and storage
What does success look like?
- You’ll be building and maintaining the infrastructure and foundation of the technical parts of Wise
- You’ll ensure we have our services up and running so product teams can work efficiently
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by building on one of the key foundation technology layers at the heart of our platform.
What you get back:
- You’ll be able to choose your own path to success. You’ll have the freedom to define your roadmap and responsibility for making it happen.
- You’ll be offered the flexibility to decide on how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- You’ll get to inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- You can Travel to work with our teams in London, Budapest, Tallinn and Singapore – post Covid-19.
- A fun work environment with social activities and events.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.