- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
We are looking for a capable AML Reporting Team Lead to help us to lead a team of suspicious activity reporting specialists in Budapest.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise.
As an AML Reporting Team Lead you will be people’s lead with a mindset that enables you to build strong and compliant processes. Making data-based decisions to improve and scale the team’s performance and quality, taking into account the risks surrounding the industry, products and regulations.
What you’ll get to do:
- Hire, lead, develop and manage a suspicious activity reporting team;
- Measure your team’s KPIs and manage capacity;
- Develop effective operational processes, task allocation;
- Be accountable for quality assurance for AML reporting team, taking decisions within our policy framework;
- Understand and manage training for the team on our regulatory obligations and how our processes fulfill them;
- Confidently represent the policies and processes to regulators and auditors upon need;
- Communicate with customers to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy;
- Work with other teams in Wise to ensure compliance with regulations and manage operational impact of changes with focus on operational efficiency and customer experience.;
- Identify compliance risk in operational procedures and contribute to implementing changes as needed.
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done.
What we’re looking for:
- Very good verbal & written English, any other languages are a plus;
- Previous team leading experience;
- Previous experience in AML, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial;
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally;
- Great communication and presentation skills to support internal and external projects and audits;
- Good understanding of metrics and ability to analyse and move team’s performance;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player.
- Salary between 2700 – 3350 EUR depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Wellbeing support – You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year, and sports allowance
- Volunteering day off
- Hybrid model of flexible working.
- NB! Please only apply, if you’re legally authorised to work in the EU countries / have a working permit in Hungary.
- If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
- Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.