- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
We’re looking for Card Fraud Agents to join our new team in Austin, Texas! If you have some previous experience in financial fraud, FinCrime fighting, or financial compliance, this role is a unique opportunity to expand your experience while having an impact on Wise’s mission, preventing fraud, helping our customers, and improving our product. You can personally help us get closer to our mission of Money Without Borders!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $24.50 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below )
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking and spend with their Wise card. Your mission is to help us out preventing Card Fraud and supporting our cardholders with their fraud disputes
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Card Fraud team:
- Handle suspicious transactions alerts and take appropriate actions, following internal and external guidelines
- Facilitate card chargebacks
- Provide world class support to our customers via email and phone, if needed, in order to investigate a dispute
- Collaborate with the different functions within the team, to identify actionable areas for improvement and support our overall mission
- Report when appropriate to partners, card schemes, and authorities
- Previous work experience with financial fraud, FinCrime fighting, chargebacks, financial compliance or similar is required
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent – Additional languages are always welcome!
- You have strong attention to detail, punctuality, and are comfortable taking initiative
- You have some experience being part of a driven, high-performing team
- You are good with routine but can also adapt and keep up with fast changes
- You are able to work independently but also know how important good team-work is
- You can make quick decisions in critical situations and have the ability to multitask
- You’re flexible to work in shifts that might include evenings, weekends, and public holidays
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visa sponsorship for this role
- As we scale up our new location in Austin, this position will start out remote, but we’re targeting people in the Austin area or those looking to relocate as we’ll be opening an office in the near future with a hybrid working model (two days in the office each week, up to 3 days from home)
- If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV by the 21st of January.
We’ll start interviewing as soon as possible, so we encourage you to apply sooner rather than later. The first interviews will be conducted virtually. If this stage is passed by the candidate, the final interview will be in person in Austin during the week of Jan 31st-Feb 4th.
- $24.50 per hour starting salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 25 days of PTO + 10 paid sick days + 10 paid banking holidays + 5 paid compassionate leave days + a paid volunteer day, annually
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office (once we’ve opened our Austin office space)
- We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.