- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Compliance Assurance Manager for Belgium who will focus on developing and maintaining our compliance monitoring plan. Based in Brussels, you will work with a growing team of multidisciplinary specialists (Product, Treasury, Bank Product, Security) to help build world class products in Europe. You’ll help manage and strengthen the team’s approach to managing the regulatory risks throughout a range of current and new products.
- Build a Regulatory Compliance monitoring plan, taking into account a range of existing monitoring controls and the type of products we offer.
- Design control testing plans and evaluate compliance with rules and regulations.
- Build trust within our teams: manage and coordinate meaningful controls testing – scoping reviews, controls assessments and any findings.
- You proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced.
- Take on and own new projects that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements.
- Work with teams to educate them about the Belgian regulatory requirements, and empower teams to build risk based processes which are clearly documented.
- Design and work with teams to implement and maintain management information (MI) that enables the Board and leadership team to make informed decisions and contribute to the Compliance framework.
- Oversee and maintain a healthy compliance culture throughout the organisation.
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by helping to monitor and test compliance with rules and regulations. .
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will have a background in wealth or investment products as well as payments regulation, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are an expert in regulatory compliance having a background in Financial Regulation and a thorough knowledge of the Regulations and Rulebooks applying to Payments institutions.
- Practice. You have worked in a Financial Regulation advisory or Monitoring & Testing role or in a Compliance/legal team and are familiar with the regulatory expectations of the NBB. You are a problem-solver. You have demonstrable experience designing and shaping processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out improving current practices and processes and have the drive to apply different compliance strategies to develop multiple compliance frameworks.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Communication. You’re a strong relationship builder across all levels of the business and externally. You lead by example and can demonstrate the Wise values in all your actions.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale-up and are looking to get into FinTech or payments compliance.Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Travel. The role is Brussels-based, but many of our teams are located across different office locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, as a guideline roughly once every two months.
What we offer in return
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.