- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for multiple Oversight Leads to strengthen our compliance team. Based in any of our Asia / Pacific offices, you’ll develop and implement compliance testing and monitoring plans, and track improvements in collaboration with our teams. The role will work with global teams to focus on our markets: Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia and New Zealand.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know teams across Wise as you work with them to understand the financial crime framework.
- Champion compliance through review by designing and executing a monitoring and testing plan for the region, sharing findings with Verification, Investigations, Screening, Tooling, Diagnosis, FinCrime Core and FinCrime Experience and work together to strengthen our fincrime capability across our Asia / Pacific markets.
A bit about you:
You can show that you’re a proactive communicator with a passion for operational efficiency, tech and the spirit of compliance, and how data can help. You should be able to demonstrate:
- An insatiable curiosity about Asia / Pacific product and processes
- Strong knowledge of AML processes
- An ability to write and communicate clearly about our product / processes
- A strong ability to organise, prioritise and multitask and an ability to communicate priorities effectively to others
- Fun to work with (no brainer), detail-oriented and driven
- Enjoy working across operational and product teams to fuel the revolution!
A bit about the role:
As a member of the APAC compliance team, you will work closely with Compliance Operations and Compliance Officers to draft and implement a testing and monitoring plan for our diverse region. Continuing to offer our customers the best experience and championing compliance with our financial crime obligations is at our core.
To achieve this, the role will focus on three areas: Building trust, Strengthening our framework and Policy support.
- Manage and perform controls testing – scoping the review, conducting the assessment and working with teams to resolve findings.
- Proactive communication of gaps and risks as well as proposing solutions as to how processes can be strengthened.
- Empower multiple teams to work together to problem solve.
- Take on new challenges that arise in our compliance program.
Strengthen the financial crime framework
- Educate teams about our financial crime obligations and risks across our diverse region.
- Refine and build on our monitoring and testing methodology.
- Maintain data sources that enable Compliance to monitor our compliance health.
- Report management information (MI) that enables Product, Operational Compliance and the Board to understand our compliance health.
- Maintain our policy library and work with teams to periodically review and update their policies.
- Support teams to draft language that is reflective of work processes and product implementation (also useful to Wisers who enjoy reading about compliance and a helpful read for non-Wisers)
- In this role, you will work either in the Melbourne / Sydney Office, and report to the Compliance Officer in the region.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in. Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.