- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
Wise Europe is looking for a Head of financial crime/ AMLCO to join its growing Compliance oversight team in Brussels. This role will be working alongside the Europe Head of compliance and a small but highly effective team in second line compliance. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the effective mitigation of financial crime risks through the maintenance of adequate systems and controls.
- Lead the implementation of the Belgian AML Law and ancillary regulations
- Overseeing the approval of high-risk customers
- Supervision of Wise Europe controls to ensure that Financial crime risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation.
- Development and maintenance of the compliance FinCrime oversight framework.
- Preparation of the quarterly compliance reports to the Board of directors of Wise Europe in the area of financial crime
- Represent compliance oversight both internally and externally to regulators, auditors and partners as required showcasing Wise strong oversight compliance framework
- Leading a team of financial crime oversight specialists
- Theory. You are an expert in AML/CTF compliance and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance preferably in a fast paced environment.
- Practice. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the TransferWise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and can apply different compliance strategies to develop compliance frameworks.
- Communication. You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Detail. You have meticulous attention to detail and if you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
- Team player. You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe
- Languages: English fluent, French or Dutch fluent
- Travel. You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required
- Please note applications for this role will be reviewed w/c 3rd January
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.