- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
The internal controls (AML) manager will conduct internal testing of financial crime controls as part of a robust monitoring and testing programme. You will be an integral part of our compliance team and in charge of ensuring that our controls are healthy and in line with AML/CTF Belgian laws and regulations.
This position requires close partnership with our financial crime compliance operational and product teams, with opportunities to present to stakeholders on testing, and shape the direction of Compliance monitoring and testing at Wise Europe.
In this role, you will conduct testing of operational controls, making observations, and arriving at recommendations together with the Testing Leads and other specialists. You will report to the Head of Compliance of Wise Europe.
- Work with a growing, international second line Compliance testing and monitoring guild to develop and maintain the Compliance testing reviews methodology and associated testing procedures;
- Together with other monitoring and testing experts, plan and conduct desk-based compliance reviews to assess the effectiveness of policies and procedures and identify potential compliance gaps on areas including Know Your Customer, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, and anti-fraud;
- Responsible for all steps in testing, including writing and following testing scripts, liaising with business teams, generating observations, and writing reports;
- With other members of the second line Compliance testing and monitoring guild worldwide, assist the development and enhancement of testing and monitoring, including localisation of testing scripts and schedules;
- Work with colleagues in Oversight with respect to liaising with product teams to arrive at remediation plans;
- Support colleagues in Oversight with respect to tracking and assessment of remediation plans identified in the reports until they are resolved and closed out;
- Completing monthly management information for the status of the testing plan and the finding/action items in line with Monitoring and Testing Programme requirements as well as additional local management information to the Board of Directors;
- Create, maintain and review the Belgium Compliance monitoring log and assist in the review of the effectiveness of the monitoring programme;
- Complete appropriate trend analysis and ensure that findings are clearly communicated to the appropriate 1st line teams and to senior management; and
- Conduct inquiries and investigations to ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or escalation is made as necessary.
- Minimum two years experience within an AML/CTF department;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good eye for detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Confidence in making decisions
- Experience in quality control / quality assurance would be an advantage;
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.