- Zug, CH
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
We’re looking for a Regulatory Product Compliance Manager to work alongside our EU Product Team to help further establish our Swiss office and expand our global offering in Switzerland. You will work with the EU Product Lead, to support an expanding team of Bankers, Engineers, Government Relations, Public Relations and Operations Specialists to help establish and grow our Wise office in Switzerland.
Your primary focus will be to help the Product Team to expand the offering of our product in Switzerland and identify and effectively manage regulatory compliance risks across a range of the existing and new products in Switzerland. You will be expected to maintain a strong awareness of the impact of regulation on commercial viability and technological innovation.
License application & establishment in Switzerland:
- Collaborate with Compliance for the finalisation of the application for the license in Switzerland and expanding the product offering in Switzerland.
- Assist the Compliance team with the communication with and expectations of the Swiss regulator.
Launch New Products and Features:
- Collaborate with Product Teams throughout the product lifecycle: from design and user testing, to launch and post-launch monitoring.
- Empower Product Teams to take a risk based approach to building products, processes and controls.
- Collaborate to build practical and customer oriented product solutions while ensuring that the product remains compliant.
- Identify opportunities to improve our product proposition / competitiveness by thoroughly analysing relevant regulations and challenging existing interpretations and market practice.
Manage and Mitigate Regulatory Risks:
- Identify and manage Regulatory Risks across all Wise products offered in Switzerland.
- Perform pre-launch and ongoing risk assessments, offering effective advice to Product Managers on existing and forthcoming regulations, gaps and risks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Compliance Oversight and Regulatory Liaison to ensure Product Teams are aware of new and upcoming Swiss regulations and guidance by the Swiss regulator.
Maintain an enterprise wide view of risk:
- Escalate breaches and high rated risks to Compliance Oversight in order to help maintain an enterprise-wide view of Wise’s regulatory risk environment.
- Identify related risk typologies and ensure that the relevant specialist teams (i.e. Financial Crime, Privacy, Treasury, Finance) have provided input into the product lifecycle.
- Assist Product Teams in developing and maintaining track of relevant risks across their product, including mitigation plans, action owners and timelines to completion.
A bit about you:
- Previous experience providing Compliance Advice within Financial Services, preferably with a focus on Payment Services and / or Electronic Money;
- Familiar with the Swiss Payment Services and Electronic Money regulations;
- Familiar with the evolving regulatory expectations of the Swiss Regulator (FINMA) with regards to Payment Services / Electronic Money firms;
- Ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- Problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions;
- Experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing technology driven environment;
- Willing to travel (after lock-down restrictions) for about 25% of the time as Wise offices are located across different countries;
- Legally authorized to work in Switzerland. Sadly, we cannot support visas for this role.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits