- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders. We’re just at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
In this role as a Risk Specialist in Wise’s second line Risk Management Team, you will be a key contributor in, and risk partner for the delivery of the risk management framework in Asia. This role is an exciting opportunity for you if you have some risk management experience and are looking to do impactful work. The role will report to and be supported by the Head of APAC Risk.
Here’s what will you be doing:
- Implementation of risk management framework (RMF), risk management strategy (RMS), and the roll out of the policies
- Contribute in preparation of risk/board committee reporting for Asia.
- Support in roll out of risk management toolset.
- Partner with business to identify the country risks, support in development and remediation of mitigation plans
- Conduct detailed risk reviews and provide analyses and recommendations to ensure risk across all functions are appropriately managed
- Perform second line risk controls monitoring and testing.
- Support the training, awareness of risk management practices and educate the businesses and operations team.
This role would be great for someone who has:
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
- Ability and experience in analysing emerging risk exposures and patterns, and provide a comprehensive assessment of risk
- Ability to create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at the same time to complete work
- Excellent research, analysis and reporting skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to effectively analyse and present data
It would be ideal but not essential if you had:
- Two to five years’ experience as a risk analyst, ideally within the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies, including experience with Risk Management Frameworks which are aligned to ISO 31000:2018 risk management standards
- Business related bachelor’s degree and risk management certification (i.e. RMIA Certified Risk Management Practitioner) advantageous
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We pride ourselves on our transparency so we will let you know promptly where you stand with your application. While we assess candidates against agreed selection criteria, due to company policy we cannot provide specific feedback to our candidates about their interviews / test results. If you reach our final stage interviews but are not successful this time round, we could provide you with verbal feedback upon request.