- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
We’re looking for a Cards Operations Specialist to join our team in the Tallinn office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, be part of our cross-border/international Spend and Cards Tribe, help save millions more people money and work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Your mission is to play a key role in building Wise card, as well as mapping and driving the product improvements and working with internal and external partners.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Cards Operations:
- Build ownership of operational processes and solutions (for example: daily operations monitoring, financial operations set-up, card issuance and stock management)
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support it with analysis
- Act as the first level problem solver
- Help reach KPIs and SLAs for the team that impact customer experience
- Contribute in short- and long-term planning
- Focus on efficiency – take control of partners fees and operational costs
- Work with product managers and developers to find solutions and opportunities for process optimisation
- Help coordinating new products/partners set-up, testing and launch from ops side
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
A bit about you:
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills
- You have relevant experience working in operations. An added bonus if in startup/fintech industry and/or cards industry
- You have relevant project management experience
- You’re flexible with your working hours. Our customers are based globally and we aim to help them any time they need it. We’re flexible with how we work covering different times, occasionally during weekends or public holidays.
- You’re accurate, proactive and pay attention to every detail. You enjoy owning your work and take charge on projects when needed
- You have great time management skills and ability to prioritize your work accordingly.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn
- You have worked with product teams on cross functional projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You have knowledge/experience in payment card/card issuance industry
- You’ve worked with cross border teams on projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work – know the challenges and how to overcome those
- Basic data skills – you know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- If you’re interested in the position, please submit your CV and cover letter by 13th of September 2021. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What are your expectations of this role?
- Considering your skills and experience, how will you contribute to Wise’s Mission Zero?
- What does a supportive and healthy team culture mean to you?
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Salary: 1600 EUR
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year, and sports allowance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- A fun and friendly environment with social activities, weekly team lunches, Pizza Thursdays and fully-stocked kitchen. We also welcome well-behaved dogs.
- More information on our offer here