- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Product Engineering
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies . Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. At this point, each month we help hundreds of thousands of customers send money to and from Latin America.
In this role, you will be ultimately responsible for the product Wise offers in Latin America (eg. Mexico and Brazil).
- You’ll be directly responsible for making decisions on where and how Wise expands next in Latin America, in order to best build a 10x better experience for underserved customers. You’ll walk in the shoes of our customers and define what a great localised product looks like, building a seamless, intuitive product for each market.
- Your role will be as a player/coach – executing both as an individual contributor and a lead PM for Latin America expansion.
- You will lead the product managers in our Latin America expansion team, and be responsible for hiring new product talent for the team. Moreover, you’ll build conviction on the wider squad we need to build to execute on these opportunities, and guide the rest of the organisation to build the team required.
- In addition to this leadership role, you’ll be able to roll up your sleeves and work directly with our product engineers to build the product our customers use every day.
- Outside of Latin America, you will play a leading role in Wise’s expansion to new and emerging markets globally, coaching and guiding teams outside of your direct remit.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal in Latin America.
- Build world-class products with a world class product and engineering team: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions. It’s also an opportunity to work with some of the smartest product thinkers in the world.
- Make a real impact on people’s lives – by building world-class products you will be able to make a change on real people and how they relate to international transfers – how they pay, hold and receive funds internationally – helping people to make the best use of their money across the region.
- Make autonomous decisions – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – You will build and inspire your own team, but also other teams to contribute to our mission
A couple of skills that might describe you as a PM:
- You’ve built products at scale – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers. You’re able to navigate the product and organisational complexity of a product at scale.
- You have leadership experience – You’ve led product teams before, and have experience hiring and growing the team.
- You’re hands on – You thrive as a player-coach. You are able to operate at many levels of detail, flipping between executing as an individual contributor and leading a wider team. You have a superpower as an individual contributor, whether it’s going deep on data analysis, design
- You’re data-driven – You are able to self-serve with data, and use it to both identify opportunities and measure your impact. You can get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- You have fresh ideas – You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- You have a connection with the region – You are either from Latin America or have significant connection with it. You can speak Spanish, Portuguese, or both.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.