- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Product Engineering
Product Operations role will empower product teams at Wise to get closer to achieving our mission of money without borders.
The role will focus on operations and project management – re-investing processes, designing and implementing solutions, and enabling our product teams to work more effectively and deliver impact to customers, faster.
- How you’ll be contributing to scaling the product org at Wise
- You’ll envision, define, and execute on goals that set product up for continuous operational excellence
- You’ll collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and Research teams to regularly identify workflow optimisations, process gaps, and other executional blockers so that each team member can do their best, most focused work possible. We work primarily in Slack, Jira, Confluence and G-suite.
- You’ll proactively identify obstacles and opportunities, facilitate change, remove blockers, drive clear decision-making, and make iterative, evidence-based improvements to team processes.
- You’ll increase transparency and trust across the organisation by driving communications and collaboration channels, including planning, roadmap reviews, budget retrospectives, and feedback sessions
- You’ll enable continuous improvement, ensuring learnings are captured, shared, and integrated
- You’ll possess a high-level of attention-to-detail, communication, and writing skills, and are excited to tackle problems of large organisational change.
- Work with product teams to continuously define what ‘best practice’ or ‘good’ looks like in each area and help teams understand opportunities to improve
- Help foster cross-team collaboration and alignment; and bridge communication gaps from product to the the rest of Wise
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop – you’ll be encouraged to grow and take on more responsibilities, and you’ll have the freedom to decide what those are. But if that sounds a bit scary, we’ve got some nice people to help you along the way.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- Be creative – you’ll have opportunities to pitch ideas for new processes and programs. Or for anything really!
- Have impact – we’re constantly measuring and understanding how our work helps Wise get closer to achieving its mission. It’s incredibly rewarding to know that we’re helping millions of people save money. It just so happens that we have a lot of fun too.
- 3+ years experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles (strategy consulting, product operations/management or a discipline working closely with product)
- You have a good understanding of product frameworks and development lifecycle
- You’re a master when it comes to organisation, planning and ensuring timely delivery of work. You’re the type of person who makes a Trello board for their holiday. Don’t worry, so are we!
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills across multiple functions and teams
- You have a track-record of making data driven decisions
- You take a problem driven approach, and are able to wrap your head around complex challenges to break them into smaller problems
- You’re interested in ‘how’ we do better and challenging the teams’ ways of working to achieve results
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Consulting background
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.