- Date Posted
- Nov. 3, 2021
- Product Engineering
Wise exists to save people money. We demystify the system that hides your money in the pockets of the banks and give it back to the people. Problem is, that’s a pretty complicated story. Luckily, you believe in the power of design to communicate complex ideas when done right! You know that a strong brand identity, consistently applied, can inspire excitement, trust, and ultimately, change hearts and minds.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-starting, and looking to build a career within our design system. The role will focus on operations and project management – reviewing proposals, building teams and overseeing multiple projects at once, making sure that our design system team delivers exceptional quality work, timely and on-brand.
- Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Design System team
- You’ll envision, define, and execute on goals that set the Design Systems team up for continuous operational excellence.
- You’re a vocal advocate for design, and have a strong interest in growing a design operations practice at Wise.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Design, Engineering, and Research to regularly identify workflow optimisations, process gaps, and other executional blockers so that each team member can do their best, most focused work possible. We work primarily in Figma, GitHub, Jira, G-suite.
- You’ll foster close relationships within the Design Systems team by facilitating work check-ins, design critiques, and working agreements.
- You’ll increase transparency and trust across the organisation by managing multiple dependencies and collaboration channels, including platform roadmap reviews, design crits, office hours, and feedback sessions.
- You’ll possess a high-level of attention-to-detail, communication, and writing skills, and are excited to tackle problems of large organisational change.
- You’ll create clear, concise documentation to visibly align expectations, goals, and guidelines among cross-functional teams.
- You’ll proactively identify obstacles and opportunities, facilitate change, remove blockers, drive clear decision-making, and make iterative, evidence-based improvements to team processes.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop – you’ll be encouraged to grow and take on more responsibilities, and you’ll have the freedom to decide what those are. But if that sounds a bit scary, we’ve got some nice people to help you along the way.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- Be creative – you’ll have regular opportunities to pitch ideas for how the product evolves well as provide feedback on our work.
- Have impact – we’re constantly measuring and understanding how our work helps Wise to achieve its mission. It’s incredibly rewarding to know that we’re helping millions of people save money. It just so happens that we have a lot of fun too.
- You have professional experience in project management, either as your core role or as a requirement within a broader role. You know what does and doesn’t work and have already learned from past mistakes.
- You’re a master when it comes to organisation, planning and ensuring timely delivery of work. You’re the type of person who makes a spreadsheet for their holiday. Don’t worry, so are we!
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can reject proposals or tell us the work doesn’t meet the brief without being mean. We have feelings.
- You build connections with others easily – and you know how to motivate them to meet ambitious goals.
- You’re extremely detail oriented.
- You like to fix things – you’re proactive, you can troubleshoot and you love solving problems. Not just puzzles and sudokus.
- You’re highly ambitious, and you’re able to track your progress as well as that of your team. #goals
- You’re a multitasking pro. We don’t mean patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.
- You’re curious about the product process. It’d be a bonus if you’ve had experience working with design system teams.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Experience of coordinating groups of people or cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of product and design systems and its constantly moving parts.
- Experience of using the G Suite.
- Experience using project management software and agile workflows.
- We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.