- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Product Engineering
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
We pride ourselves on empowering autonomous teams to build products that delight our customers. To do this, and to achieve our mission, we need to give our teams just enough guardrails to guide them, but without restricting their ability manoverve independently – Ultimately we want to make the paved path the best and easiest path to follow.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead and continually evolve our Cloud Governance Function within the Platform Tribe. Your main focus is how we build the most efficient, compliant and fault-tolerant cloud platform and engineering culture.
As the product manager owning this technical area you’ll wear three hats –
- Risk – How much risk are we carrying in platform; how much is too much?
- Disaster Recovery – How confident are we that our teams can recover from a failure in the platform e.g. an availability zone outage?
- Cloud Optimisation – How can we optimise our use of cloud services to make our service more efficient?
- Each of these areas play a distinct role in getting us to our mission, we can’t get there without them.
Some of the qualities were looking for:
- Experience at scale – technically (cloud native microservice architecture) and organisational (public company risk appetite)
- Knows when to constrain the environment, and where flexibility is needed
- Analytical thinker, capable of crunching the numbers
- Able to translate technical constructs into simple language that resonate with any audience
- Passionate about outcomes over deliverables, able to measure the impact of them and define what data we need to prove it
- Owning the vision (at a team/capability level) and continually shaping the roadmap to deliver the best outcome
- Able to challenge engineering decisions and making informed prioritisation & tradeoff calls
- Risk Governance oversight – Understands assessments and controls, able to prioritise them against the roadmap
- Experience developing and executing business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies
- Knowledgeable on industry standards and best practices (ideally progressive not established ones)
- Qualifications aren’t that important to us, we’re looking for aptitude over experience. We don’t specify seniority upfront, if you have most of these experiences but not all of them that’s OK, just articulate how you’ll develop the gaps or apply your other strengths to come to a solution (we like fresh approaches). We’ll benchmark your experience during the interview process and remunerate you accordingly if you’re successful.
- And because we believe that diverse teams bring fresh perspectives, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.