- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Our name may have changed (you may still know us as TransferWise) but the heart of what we do is always the same: helping people manage their money internationally more cheaply, quickly, and transparently.
Over 10 million people now trust Wise to move more than £5 billion every month, which saves them £3 million in bank fees every day. With the Wise account, they hold balances in over 55 currencies, and use our debit card to shop and spend while abroad.
We’ve partnered with banks and companies like Monzo, Bolt, and GoCardless, to bring their customers better international banking. And people like Richard Branson, and PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, among others, have invested in our vision.
Like our customers, we’re global — we’ve opened 17 offices, and employ over 2,700 ‘Wisers’. Just what you need when your mission is building money without borders.
But we’re not finished yet. In fact, we’re only just getting started.
The Organic Social Lead role
- Our social media channels currently engage with a combined audience of around 1 million followers.
- Your role? Take charge.
We’re looking for a highly experienced social media pro to join our performance marketing team in London. You’ll take ownership of the creation, delivery and measurement of our global social media strategy. That means you’ll lead a growing team and set the direction for how we expand our social presence internationally.
At Wise there’s always plenty to do and learn, but this list should give you an overview of some of the core priorities and objectives for this role:
- Create and implement a strategy to take our social channels global
- Motivate and inspire our social media team and help them thrive
- Generate an increasing number of new customers for Wise through organic content
- Ensure we grow our channel reach, engagement and website clicks
- Constantly monitor our metrics, benchmark against platform and industry averages, report these results and iterate your plans accordingly
- Be strategic – formulate a plan, validate it, forecast the outcome and measure progress against it
- Create and deliver a process to prioritise the launch of new channels and new markets and languages
- Know our audience, know our customers and give them what they need and want
- Engage, delight and inform – talk with our audience, not at them
- Analyse and report performance data to the wider team and business
- Consistently raise the bar to make sure we create new channels and content that genuinely add value to the lives of our followers
A bit about you
Now we’ve covered what you’ll do, here are some examples of what we think could make the perfect candidate. Social media is a highly creative industry, so we’re looking for someone who can deliver performance alongside content of exceptional quality and usefulness.
This list isn’t exhaustive and you may have other skills and experience that we’d love to hear about too, but get in touch if you have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Social platform excellence, with proven experience driving growth through different channels
- Proven experience acquiring customers at scale through organic content and channels
- Proven experience of getting new social channels up and running quickly
- Ownership or responsibility for the creation of a complex, creative social media strategy with clearly defined outcomes and milestones
- Experience managing a team and owning processes like salary reviews and team personal development
- Experience building or growing a team is a plus
- Ability to communicate a plan or vision to stakeholders for collaboration and feedback
- Experience collaborating with your own team, getting their buy in and building trust
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and project prioritisation
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering growth organically for major social media channels
- Ability to articulate the growth levers of each channel, and understand how/what to iterate to enhance performance
- Be visionary – never assume the way we’ve started something is the best way to continue
- Think big – set ambitious goals we can rally behind and empower those around you to help strive to deliver them
- Experience balancing the perfect combination of creativity and logic that generate results and content to feel truly proud of
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to build an international and multilingual team — and help us acquire new customers for Wise in a scalable and highly cost-effective way. That’s hugely important here because, unlike our competitors, our mission is to make moving and managing money internationally free.
- You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented and international marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing.
- A generous annual training budget will allow you to develop the skills you need to take your role to the next level.
Within Wise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of Europe’s fastest growing & most successful startups.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you, because we believe that diverse and inclusive teams build better products.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up. Rest assured we’re here to support you when you start out, but once you’re up and running it’s over to you.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
Salary: We are open to different levels of experience. Therefore we would offer between £50,000 – £70,000 or £70,000- £90,000 depending on the level of experience.
- We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.