- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Product Management
We’re looking for a Press Officer with a background in corporate communications. This role will focus on building the profile of Wise Platform, our API offer which is used by some of the biggest names in fintech and finance, and will offer significant opportunities for growth and freedom at one of the UK’s foremost tech companies.
You should enjoy engaging with media and strategising how to most effectively tell a story, and you should have a passion for writing and creative campaign planning and execution. You will be London-based and UK-focused, although the role will involve working with colleagues across the globe.
There are three key parts to this role.
- Managing Wise Platform announcements
- Wise Platform is growing. Already, we work with the likes of Monzo, Google Pay and Shinhan Bank (South Korea’s oldest and second largest bank), but each month we are launching new partnerships with businesses of all shapes and sizes from across the globe. It will be your job to manage these announcements – this will include working closely with our teams who are delivering partnerships, plotting how to announce each partnership and working closely with our partners’ own comms teams.
- Building a Wise Platform press office
- In addition to managing Wise Platform’s announcements, it will be your responsibility to build a regular flow of media opportunities with fintech, financial and business media that profile Wise Platform. Whether these be bylines, interviews, features or something else entirely, it will be your job to land these pieces and build the journalist relationships that make them possible. In addition to this, you’ll be tasked with creating and managing a pipeline of speaking opportunities for our Wise Platform spokespeople.
- Contributing to Wise Platform communications strategy
There will also be opportunities to contribute to the overall comms strategy for Wise Platform, with a particular focus on messaging and, in the medium-to-longer term, developing creative campaigns.
What will you need?
- Junior-mid level experience working in corporate communications.
- Experience working on integrated campaigns that demonstrate you understand how PR, marketing, and social media can work side by side to reach audiences.
- Innate understanding of what makes a good story for media and how to secure great quality media coverage.
- An ability to work proactively in a fast-paced, high-growth company. You have a hands-on approach and can get results whether you’re in a regional team or a functional PR team. We get things done.
- A genuine, enthusiastic interest in our mission and developing and communicating great ideas to make financial services fairer.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What you’ll get
- We offer you a position in one of the UK’s foremost tech companies and a chance to truly be a part of something great.
- It goes without saying that you’ll be a part of a fun, friendly atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
You’ll get a competitive salary, flexible work hours and an all-expenses-paid company holiday every year (Summerdays). Everyone gets shares in the company too, because we believe that the revolution belongs to each of us.
Who we are.
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: money without borders. We’re helping people and businesses send and receive any currency effortlessly – whenever, wherever – and making the world a bit better by helping to make the financial system fair.
There’s more than 3,000 of us, representing more than 90 different nationalities. We have 23 offices across the globe and our customers use Wise to transfer billions of pounds every month.
We’re looking for a Wise Platform Press Officer to join our UK/Europe team. You’ll look after PR for Wise Platform, be based in our London office, and report into our Senior Manager for Business PR.
What is it really like to work here?
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in individually responsible teams. Each team picks the problems they want to solve and gets on with it – so there’s no micro-management or people telling you what to do. You will get tons of guidance and support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over Wise.
The way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But, if the freedom to take on head-scratching professional challenges sounds interesting, we could be a match made in heaven.
- Hybrid working – work two days in the office, three days from home
- 90 day remote working – work from (almost) anywhere in the world for three months a year
- 6 weeks paid for sabbatical after 4 year’s continuous service
- Dog friendly office
- Private medical cover
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 health days per year
- And much more here!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.