- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Product Management
We’re looking for an English speaking Business Content Specialist to join our growing SEO Content team.
Content and SEO at Wise is about making sure we offer the best possible content and on-site experience to our customers. We don’t believe in stuffing keywords in a blog article or building artificial links, but we do believe in great copy that inspires and helps readers to find answers.
Getting Wise to more businesses is a huge opportunity for us. We’re looking for someone who understands the pain points of B2B audiences (whether it’s a small business owner, operations manager or finance manager) and how they make decisions when it comes to choosing a new solution for their business.
This role is ideal for someone with 1 to 2 years of experience in B2B content marketing, who is passionate about blogging and content creation. If you already have some knowledge and experience on how to improve content ranking in Google it is a plus.
At Wise we’re on a mission to empower our users to make smart financial decisions based on transparent information. Our content team is no different. We produce content and monitor its performance too, because we believe that working in SEO means that you understand how the content you’re producing is helping the end user.
- Produce SEO optimised content for our Business readers on the UK blog, to help fuel the adoption of Wise
- Revisit, optimise and improve older articles to boost their performance
- Conduct keyword research to plan content that drives organic traffic to our blog and attracts new customers
- Understand the wants, needs and challenges of our potential new business customers
- Edit copy – you’re not afraid to fix copy or make direct changes when necessary
- Find, coordinate and manage a bunch of talented freelance writers
- Own your content – from ideas to briefing, proofreading, editing and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Follow frameworks – you will ensure our content follows legal, brand and PR guidelines
- Have an impact – you will see directly how your actions influence our reader’s decisions
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of our fantastic and enthusiastic international teams, and even get to travel to some of our offices around the world (once this is safe again to do so).
You speak and write English at a native level. You have a strong appreciation of grammar and spelling and are a great story teller.
You’ve got a strong interest in blogging and SEO, and you have demonstrable experience working in the field of SEO or Content Marketing and writing for a business audience.
Training will be provided. We understand that new joiners need support, that’s why we onboard you with our Content Academy. But as the UK market is not new to us, we’ll need someone who will help us take the blog to the next level.
You are analytical and are familiar with general knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console. From traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work. You can work with keyword data in Excel / Google sheets.
You know your way around words. From small copy changes to fixing blog articles in bulk, you’ll get it done.
You have a great eye for detail. From words to visuals, the final article or page will look its best because you have a good instinct for what makes content great. We trust your judgement to improve the quality of the content.
You thrive more on autonomy than structure. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership of your work. You come ready-equipped with perseverance and a good sense of humour.
What’s in it for you?
Help us acquire new customers for Wise in a scalable and highly cost-effective way. That’s hugely important here because our mission is to make foreign exchange eventually free.
You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing.
Within Wise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact at one of Europe’s fastest growing and most successful startups.
Who we are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
About our team
The SEO Content Team currently consists of 30 (and counting) amazing people, from 20 different countries who are divided over 3 offices, so we’re truly a team without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you, because we believe that diverse and inclusive teams build better products.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
- Salary: Between €1800 and €1950 monthly gross salary
- We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.