- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Product Management
We’re looking for a SEO content specialist to join our growing SEO Content team in Tallinn.
We already manage content in over 20 languages and markets (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Japanese, Cantonese, German, Swedish and much more!) But we don’t stop here – we need to publish content in even more languages.
We need someone who will launch and test new blog markets to help Wise blog reach wider audiences at scale.
How will you do that? You’ll assess opportunities and pick which market to launch next, collaborate with translators and local writers to produce quality content in different languages. You’ll never get bored as there are always new markets to test and you’ll take full ownership of the process from start to finish.
SEO is one of the fastest growing channels at Wise and is about making sure we offer the best possible content to our readers. We don’t believe in stuffing keywords in a blog article or building artificial links – we believe in great copy that inspires and helps readers to find answers.
This role is ideal for someone with entry level experience in SEO / Digital Marketing / Journalism / PR experience and/or people who are passionate about languages and content creation.
- Assess various markets’ sizes and choose which market to launch. You’ll get the help of our analyst in the team.
- Work with translators, local freelance writers and native speakers at Wise to produce and proofread quality content in languages you speak and languages you may not speak
- Conduct keyword research to plan content that drives organic traffic to our website and attracts new customers
- Ensure our content follows local legal, brand and PR guidelines, working closely with the Legal and Product Marketing teams. Being able to reach out to other teams and get everyone involved is key for this role
- Own your content – from ideas to briefing, copywriting requests and finally publishing articles: you will own every stage of the process
- Track performance of the articles you publish and communicate key insights and obstacles to the team and broader company
You’ll also have the opportunity to work with some of our fantastic international teams, and even to travel to some of our offices around the world…(Budapest, London!)
- You are passionate about content creation, especially blog articles
- Knowledge of many languages is a huge advantage as you’ll produce content in new markets, but not essential
- You’re great at building relationships and working with people outside of your own team to get things done (e.g. local freelancers, other teams at Wise)
- You can make decisions based on data
- You can work independently and take a full ownership of your projects
- You’re highly organised and great at time management
- You are analytical: from traffic numbers to conversion rates, you understand how to measure the performance of your work
- Some experience in SEO (keyword tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz), Digital Marketing or Translation is a bonus but not mandatory
- A flair for good copywriting is also a plus
What’s in it for you?
Help us acquire new customers for Wise in a scalable and highly cost-effective way. That’s hugely important here because, unlike our competitors, our mission is to make foreign exchange eventually free.
You’ll be part of a team of exceptionally talented marketers who consistently break new ground in performance marketing.
Within Wise we operate with a great degree of autonomy, so you’ll be in charge of your own workload and focus areas, giving you the chance to have a huge impact on one of Europe’s fastest growing & most successful startups.
Who we are
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.