- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Regulatory Affairs
Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for an Oversight Lead to strengthen our compliance team. Based in any of our Asia / Pacific offices, you’ll develop and implement compliance testing and monitoring plans, and track improvements in collaboration with our teams. The role will work with global teams to focus on our markets: Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia and New Zealand.
This role is located in Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo, Sydney
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know teams across Wise as you work with them to understand the product and regulatory framework.
- Champion compliance through review by designing and executing a monitoring and testing plan for the region, sharing findings with your tribe and work together to strengthen our product compliance across our Asia / Pacific markets.
- Take on and own new projects that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to remediate control gaps or process enhancements.
A bit about you:
You can show that you’re a proactive communicator with a passion for operational efficiency, tech and the spirit of compliance, and how data can help. You should be able to demonstrate:
- Work experience in compliance, risk or audit sector.
- An insatiable curiosity about Asia / Pacific products and processes
- Knowledge of the product function and operations
- An ability to write and communicate clearly about our product / processes
- A strong ability to organise, prioritise and multitask and an ability to communicate priorities effectively to others
- Fun to work with (no brainer), detail-oriented and driven
- Enjoy working across operational and product teams to fuel the revolution!
Some extra skills that would be great (but not essential):
- Experience in working at a fast growing scale-up, FinTech or payment compliance
- Analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools
- Fluent in English and another Asia language (Bonus points for Japanese)
A bit about the role:
As a member of the APAC compliance team, you will work closely with Product, Treasury, Finance, Operations and Compliance Officers to draft and implement a testing and monitoring plan for our diverse region. Continuing to offer our customers the best experience and championing compliance with our regulatory obligations is at our core.
To achieve this, the role will focus on three areas: Building trust, Strengthening our framework and Policy support.
- Manage and perform controls testing – scoping the review, conducting the assessment and working with teams to resolve findings.
- Proactive communication of gaps and risks as well as proposing solutions as to how processes can be strengthened.
- Validate the effectiveness of regulatory controls to build a trusted relationship with stakeholders.
- Empower multiple teams to work together to problem solve.
- Take on new challenges that arise in our compliance program.
Strengthen the regulatory compliance framework
- Educate teams about our regulatory compliance obligations and risks across our diverse region.
- Refine and build on our monitoring and testing methodology.
- Lead regulatory compliance monitoring and testing in APAC.
- Maintain data sources that enable Compliance to monitor our compliance health.
- Report management information (MI) that enables Product, Operations teams and the Board to understand our compliance health.
- Maintain our policy library and work with teams to periodically review and update their policies.
- Support teams to draft language that is reflective of work processes and product implementation (also useful to Wisers who enjoy reading about compliance and a helpful read for non-Wisers)
- In this role, you will work either in the Kuala Lumpur / Melbourne / Singapore / Sydney / Tokyo / Hong Kong Office, and report to the Regulatory Oversight Lead in the region.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.