- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our fast growing Wise Platform team in London. Your job will be to manage a portfolio of partners, work with them to grow the partnership and help more customers save with Wise. You’ll help partners leverage our API to offer Wise’s much-loved products through their own infrastructure. This role is a unique opportunity to reach millions of new customers, transform the international payments experience for them and have an impact on Wise’s mission.
This is not a standard account management role – we’re looking for someone that loves the challenge of working with complex institutions (financial, payroll, accounting software etc). You will be working independently on intricate tech integrated partnerships, navigating partner queries and escalations, working through a range of regulations and with an array of stakeholders.
We’ve launched partnerships globally with companies like Monzo, Xero, Shinhan Bank, GoCardless and Google Pay, and are looking for someone to manage similar partners in the European market to define and execute on growth opportunities to meet objectives.
About the role:
The role is based in our London office, but you will also work closely with the global Account Management team based around the world. You will also work with other functions, including product management, compliance & legal, implementation, business development and engineering.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be Wise’s representative to our partners Europe. This means managing the relationships, understanding their business model, their problems and how Wise can solve these best
- Define and execute on growth opportunities. With a data-driven approach, you will research and define a growth plan for partners to get more value from the integrations. You will also work with them to build the business case internally, pitch it to the wider organisation and manage the process to get commitment from the partner in a timely manner.
- Product & tech – You’ll talk partners through the features and requirements they need to implement in order to enhance their capabilities. Our API documents are public – check these out to start getting the feel of the product
- Manage marketing campaigns. You’ll create and drive joint marketing campaigns in order to help more customers save on international transfers by using Wise
- Stakeholder Management – Manage simultaneous conversations with an array of stakeholders, internal and external. Invest and nurture these relationships to effectively influence and create long term value for all parties
- Own and nurture the relationship with partners day to day. This means being their first point of contact, handling escalations internally and externally, owning the invoice process, managing ad-hoc queries and regular business meetings
- You’re experienced in building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders of all sizes – from CEOs, to heads of compliance, technology, risk and innovation
- You’ve got a track record of successfully growing accounts you’ve worked with to generate higher value from the partnership (revenue, customer acquisition, volume etc)
- You can come up with a plan, execute this whilst not being afraid to iterate as you learn…to put it simply, you get things done!
- You’re motivated and have a desire to contribute significantly to our overarching mission
- You are customer-focused. At Wise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission
- You’re comfortable with data, can draw meaningful conclusions from your analysis and can present your findings to partners and internal teams
- You’re creative in finding solutions when discussions are blocked. You’ll have a number of ways to quickly reach agreements that work for us, the partner and customers
- You are customer-focused. At Wise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.