- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- And, we need a Full Stack Security Engineer to join our mission and help us build a global platform that’s scalable, reliable and secure. You’ll dive right into projects on authorisations and authentications, as well as security tooling and automated controls
What does it take?:
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, security concepts to a non security audience
- Readiness to move fast and adapt quickly to change
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- Solid Java 8 plus knowledge, experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You believe in and follow best coding practices, code reviews and open feedback
- You are security-conscious, security-literate and security-driven
What does success look like?
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll understand how our values can help you guide your work
- You’ll understand the security risks to our customers, and how to mitigate them by implementing safeguards
- You’ll be raising the automation level to enable scaling of the product
- Understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll help us scale up and build a world class money transfer product by finding solutions to our technical challenges and opportunities
What you get back:
- Stock options in a growing company
- An annual self-development budget
- Pet friendly offices
- Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and board-game nights
- Relocation and visa expenses covered
- An annual, all-expenses-paid company trip, Summer Days
- A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- Our Engineering career map
- …or check out our Engineering blog.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
- Team: Distributed across London UK, Tallinn Estonia.
- Compensation: Salary + Stock options in a profitable company
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise (on top of annual leave)
- Generous Paid Time Off, parental leave, paid holidays, sick days, and other leave opportunities
- Health insurance plans, wellbeing/sports discounts
- Relocation support
- A fun work environment with social activities, weekly team lunches and events
- Loads of development opportunities