- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Software Engineering
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new norm. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
- We’re building a scalable, high performing platform for our customers. And we’re looking for Software Engineering graduates to join us on our mission.
At Wise you’ll work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle and you’ll build great products for our customers by contributing data-driven analysis and insights.
How you’ll contribute to our Engineering team:
- Help take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers
- You’ll help build seamless experiences for our customers
- Work on the core flow of Wise. Guide our customers from their first experience on our landing page, to completing a transfer. You’ll help make sure they’re informed every step of the way
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, whilst maintaining consistency, maintainability and performance
- Understand the challenges our customers face and set out to solve them
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people do great things when they can act autonomously. So, instead of being told what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Be flexible in how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different – so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel (when things go back to normal) to work with our teams in different locations. You’ll also meet various partners and organisations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are a final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Computer Science (or any other STEM subject)
- You are able to start a full time graduate job in September 2022
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and software design
- A self-started side project(s) that you are proud to talk about
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience. You prioritise work with customers in mind, and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
- You believe in and follow best coding practices and code reviews
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Familiarity of data models with SQL
- Knowledge of working with RESTful Web Services
- A basic knowledge in modern web technologies and a strong interest in web development
- Eligible to work in London/Tallinn/Budapest/NY/Singapore
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- Experience in web development, from a previous internship
- …Don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll onboard and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the Wise domain
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how engineering works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Fraud to Anti Money Laundering teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the tech culture, the detail of the tech stack and how we build stuff. We work in autonomous teams, on different stacks so you’ll need to understand the details
- You’ll get to go through the entire lifecycle of a microservice on your own
- We’re big on planning. You’ll go through two quarterly plan cycles and get to propose your own ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- Experience working in one of the fastest growing European FinTechs
- Lots of team activities
- Solve real customer problems with data
- Fun offices with social activities – have a sneak peak of our London office!
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.