- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a Java Developer to join our mission and help us build a global platform that’s scalable, reliable and secure. We’re working on lots of algorithmical challenges, and you’ll dive right into projects on reconciliation, integrations, authorisations and authentications.
Money without borders – instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. During the 10 years since our launch, we helped millions of customers, but there are customers who were suffering the most from the bank FX fees and needed new, better banking tools to manage their money internationally. To address this need we launched borderless account that is offering multi-country, cross-border banking in one app. Now we’re powering money for people and businesses: to pay, to get paid, to spend, in any currency, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing.
The Wise card is a key part of the borderless proposition, it is responsible for the “spend” part of the general vision. Card issuing is the best way to let customers spend their money in the modern world, but we should keep in mind that real plastic cards are only one of a possible solution to spending problems. Tomorrow it could be virtual cards, apple and google pays, QR codes, mobile payments, or something else that is not yet invented. Our mission statement for the Spend and Wise tribe is: Give our customers reliable, easy to use and eventually free way to pay from borderless accounts everywhere in the world.
More than a million customers are using Wise cards around the world. The Spend Authorisation team helps to ensure our cards would work for all of our customers 24/7 around the world. You will get the chance to work with all aspects of card authorisation from Visa and Mastercard to 3DS and MoneySend.What does it take?:
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience, you prioritise work with the customers in mind and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- You have solid Java 8 plus knowledge, experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You believe in and follow best coding practices, code reviews and open feedback
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Distributed and Concurrent Systems
- Hands on knowledge of system integration patterns
What does success look like?
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll understand how our values can help you guide your work
- You’ll understand the reasons behind problematic payments and customer difficulties and how to go about solving them
- You’ll be raising the automation level to enable scaling of the product
- Understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class money transfer product by finding solutions to our technical challenges and opportunities
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
- Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- Our Engineering career map
- …or check out our Engineering blog.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.