- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Wise is on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
- Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- And we’re looking for an Android Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
The Wise card is a key part of the borderless proposition, it is responsible for the “spend” part of the general vision. Card issuing is the best way to let customers spend their money in the modern world, but we should keep in mind that real plastic cards are only one of a possible solution to spending problems. Tomorrow it could be virtual cards, apple and google pays, QR codes, mobile payments, or something else that is not yet invented. Our mission statement for the Spend & Wise tribe is: Give our customers reliable, easy to use and eventually free way to pay from borderless accounts everywhere in the world.
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product and user experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery approach
- The ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
Is that you?
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience building Android apps that delight users
- Full-stack Android development (Activities, Fragments, Views, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, SQLite, etc.)
- Experience with Android libraries (such as Android ViewModels, Room DB, RxJava, Kotlin Flows, Android Navigation, Dagger DI, Gson, Kotlin X, Retrofit etc.) +
- The desire for creating clean, testable code
- Practical experience of SOLID principles and when and how to apply them
- Experience working with a version control system like git
- Strong understanding of REST API Design
- Any experience with Jetpack Compose, Kotlin Flow and Kotlin Multiplatform would be great!
- …but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Fintech domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully developed new features, from planning to release, and keep monitoring their adoption once live
- Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take your product further
What you get back:
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.