- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Wise is on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
- Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- And we’re looking for an iOS Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
- We work in small, autonomous cross-functional teams. Team members own the problems and provide best in class solutions for our customers.
The Wise card is a key part of the borderless proposition, it is responsible for the “spend” part of the general vision. Card issuing is the best way to let customers spend their money in the modern world, but we should keep in mind that real plastic cards are only one of a possible solution to spending problems. Tomorrow it could be virtual cards, apple and google pays, QR codes, mobile payments, or something else that is not yet invented. Our mission statement for the Spend & Wise tribe is: Give our customers reliable, easy to use and eventually free way to pay from borderless accounts everywhere in the world.
What does it take?
- Experience with building iOS apps that delight users
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
- A passion for product quality and user experience, attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about product engineering (or have the desire to learn it)
- Ability to both collaborate effectively with your team and solve problems independently and proactively
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Full-stack iOS development (we work in small teams, each with one or two mobile engineers, it’s likely you’ll be in charge of a feature from API to UI)
- Know SOLID ways to implement clean architecture, writing readable code that is testable (we currently work with VIPER but are continuously evaluating the latest architectures/methodologies – SwiftUI and Combine are nice to have)
- We value experience with state-of-art technologies, but we value eagerness to learn them even more
- What the first six months look like?
- You’ll have on-boarded and found your place by understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll have an understanding of your team’s domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully shipped new features, from planning to release, and kept monitoring their adoption once live
- You’ll have gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take our product further
What you get back?
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.