- Austin, TX
- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re looking for a Technical Solutions Engineer to join our growing team. Wise is one the fastest growing companies in the world and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 11 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
Our Wise for Banks team works with financial institutions at a global level to offer our services directly to their customers through our API. We help our partners to build their version of the new standard in international money transfer and deliver it to their customers as quickly and smoothly as possible, while improving the Wise for Banks product by adding features to Wise’s public API. The team’s goals are to drive the growth of Wise through partnerships and integrations by creating a world class product delivered through third parties.
- Based within the Business Tribe and its Wise for Banks team, your role will be to provide technical consulting, support and product guidance to banks and other partners integrating Wise in their products.
- Working in conjunction with the sales team, you will be involved in the business development process from lead generation and early discussions through to a partnership agreement.
- You will assist the partners to define their technical solution, gathering and documenting any new requirements and collaborating to ensure successful integration delivery.
- Manage multiple partner integrations in parallel and define and improve processes to increase efficiency in the team and deliver successful projects simultaneously.
- You will participate in feature definition along with the rest of the engineering team, focusing on strategic prioritization for current and future partner needs.
- You will help partners to define and deliver the best integration possible within their unique constraints against our existing platform in order to provide a fantastic end customer experience.
- With a high level of autonomy, you’ll work closely with Product Managers and Engineers and make product and project decisions with the team.
Some of your focus areas will be:
- Work in improving the integration experience for banks in relation to documentation, public and private APIs, SDKs, examples, code samples and reference implementations.
- Working closely with the sales team to create materials and attend meetings in order to get new partnerships over the line into implementation.
- Improving internal processes to increase the team’s capacity to deliver multiple integrations in parallel.
- When required, implementing new features across Wise services and exposing them on our public API. In addition, working to define new delivery mechanisms for the product, for example marketplace solutions, middleware integrations and out-of-the-box solutions.
- Identify, troubleshoot, run test scenarios and fix technical issues within the Wise solution for banks and other integration partners, assisting our API support team as a second line when issues arise.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and responsibility for making it happen.
- Identify problems and unlock opportunities for Wise and partners through technology solutions.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- Travel to work with our teams in Tallinn and London as well as visit our partners around the world.
A bit about you:
- You have worked with partners to successfully deliver multiple technical projects concurrently.
- You understand the value of balancing customer centric thinking and technical skills and can bridge the gap between business and technical experts.
- You put the customer above technology, while finding ways to leverage technology to improve the customer experience.
- You are personable and you are good at stakeholder management. You are able to represent Wise and our values to external partners in a professional way, explaining technical problems and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- You have strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, API Design, Swagger, OpenAPI, OAuth2.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience working across multiple programming languages, tech stacks and cloud providers.
- Experience with our stack: Java within the Spring ecosystem, Kubernetes, AWS and service mesh architectures.
- You have worked with distributed systems and monolithic architectures and understand the advantages and challenges of both.
- Passion for international finance, foreign exchange and payment systems.
- Demonstrated experience speaking at conferences and public events.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
- Applications will be reviewed in the first week of Jan, 2022.