- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We’re looking for an API Technical Support Engineer to join our global API Support Team as the first APAC based team member, located in our Singapore office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to support our partners (both enterprise and financial institutions) during the pre-sales, integration and support phases of the implementation. You’ll continuously analyze and improve processes and tooling to make sure that integration is fast and flawless.
- Get to know the Wise API and our platform capabilities to the finest details
- Provide technical support to engineers from companies and partners who are integrating with the Wise Public API – https://api-docs.transferwise.com/
- Ensure that our technical support is friendly and empathetic, while providing solutions to problems accurately, timely and consistently
- Maintain API documentation, examples, and FAQs to minimize contact rates
- Make suggestions on how to improve the API based on customer feedback
- Support the sales team from a technical standpoint during calls with potential partners
- Participate in the design and implementation of a scalable onboarding and proactive support frameworks for partners
- Mediate during incidents involving the right teams and providing feedback to partners
A bit about you:
- We’re not looking for a developer, but you’ve got strong technical knowledge and experience working with APIs – specifically, knowledge and experience with SQL databases, testing and debugging REST APIs, and reading logs would be a good baseline. Ideally, Postman and cURL are also a part of your toolbox
- You’ve got excellent written and verbal English skills – you’re also a strong communicator with the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You’re excited by the opportunity to pioneer this role and team in Asia Pacific, with the rest of the team being located in Europe – this means that your onboarding and team communication would be entirely remote, so you’re also self-motivated, reliable when working independently, and senior enough to handle the responsibility of defining the scope of your responsibilities and keeping the focus to deliver
- You have empathy for users and enjoy working with people, enabling you to provide an exceptional level of support and a seamless onboarding experience – this is a support role, so you’ll be working very closely with and supporting both internal and external customers and potential partners
- You are passionate about technology and its relationship with business and customer experience
- You are willing to travel*, to work, and learn with product engineering, customer support, and operations teams across the world – particularly teams in London, Estonia, and New York (*when it’s safe to do so)
- You’re humble and work well in a team across different time zones, with a diverse group of people from all over the globe.
Our values and additional information:
- We value you, your opinion and your skills. We really do. In fact we trust you so much that it will be entirely up to you and your team only to figure out what needs to be done to address the challenge. There is no hierarchy to go to for getting your plans approved. No managers taking glory for your achievements.
- Customers first. Here at Wise we don’t hire people who blindly follow orders, who excuse bad outcomes with “we followed the process” and who are never willing to go the extra mile.
- We get things done. If you have already accomplished great things which stand out from the average then you will feel right at home in Wise.
- Find out more about the way we build our product here: http://tech.transferwise.com/product-engineering-principles-transferwise/
- “We inspire smart people and we trust them”
- What we do
- How we work
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.