- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, wherever, whenever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over Wise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
So, what’s the role?
Our fantastic Customer Support team is expanding to Singapore so we are looking for new team members who are passionate about customer support, love to talk to customers and want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment. We are looking for people who are passionate, understand the urgency of the start-up setting and take pride in the ownership of their tasks while functioning fully in a team setting.
What you’ll get to do:
- Create a wonderful customer experience as you understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business’s success
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Look for ways to constantly improve processes
- Contribute to making the best working environment for yourself and your coworkers by being the best self
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
- Be honest, able to own up to your mistakes, and never break promises
- Provide world class customer support via chat, email, phone and social media
The ideal candidate will have…
- A Singaporean citizenship or permanent residency (Please note we cannot sponsor Visas for this role)
- Excellent verbal & written English and Bahasa Indonesia language skills
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours – we work day and night, sometimes even weekends
- A high school diploma or GCE equivalent
We’re ideally looking for someone who has worked in customer services before, but we’re willing to work with the right person, whatever their experience if they have a passion for helping customers.
What’s in it for you:
One of the biggest benefits of working at Wise is being a part of the amazing team of exceptionally talented people. At Wise we believe in giving a strong voice to all employees and encourage people to be themselves in everything they do. In addition…
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- Fun and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunities to grow and challenge yourself
- If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV along with a cover letter.
- Please make sure your applications are submitted in English, as this is our working language.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.