- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We’re looking for new Customer Support Associates to join our Asia & Pacific (APAC) team of Rockstars at Wise in Tampa, Florida! The APAC team supports our customers on the other side of the world, so the shifts are later in the evening, ending at Midnight for the latest shift.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $18.00 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below )
Read more about open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
Your mission is to help customers have an excellent experience with Wise via phone, email, or chat lines. This isn’t your normal call center – we do things differently – and our Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
- Provide world-class customer support via email, phone, and chat channels for English speaking customers in the Asia & Pacific region, including Australia & New Zealand
- Understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business’s success and make that your goal for every contact
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English skills – Phone, email and chat contacts are the main responsibility for this role, so we’ll be evaluating your communication skills throughout the process starting with the application… put your best foot forward with flawless spelling and grammar!
- You’re flexible. This team supports the other side of the world, so the shifts are later in the day and on off days. This team works Sunday-Thursday, with shifts from 1pm-9pm and later, with the latest shift being 4:00pm-Midnight. Currently, 2 weeks out of 4 are 3pm-11pm or 4pm-Midnight shifts. Please keep in mind that these times can change with the needs of our customers, so we’re specifically looking for flexibility and a desire to work later shifts (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial paid CS training)
- You’re organized. You’re methodical in your approach, with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask. Your lead will help you develop and remove blockers if they can, but they won’t stand over your shoulder. Your Lead is entrusting you with the autonomy to meet and exceed your performance metrics and also deliver a great customer experience
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will.
- You’re growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you’re adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You’re ideally someone who has worked in customer support before (preferably in banking or finance), but we’re willing to work with the right person, whatever your experience. We’re looking for genuine people who work hard and love helping others, so if that sounds like you, tell us why you’re a great fit!
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great workingculture is everyone's responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let ourvalues guide you
- You’ve got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You’re quick behind the keyboard, with a typing speed of at least 35 words-per-minute
- Any additional languages are always welcome!
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position based in Tampa, Florida
- $18.00 per hour starting salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 25 days of PTO + 10 paid sick days + 10 paid banking holidays + 5 paid compassionate leave days + a paid volunteer day, annually
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- 5%-7.5% additional salary differential for Spanish, Portuguese, or French languages
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers, using your voice to guide them and take ownership over cases to increase your product knowledge and find a resolution for the customer. We’re all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn’t just a job to us!
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We’re a data driven company and we all have performance metrics to maintain, but we don’t believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We’re 2800+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but we also take care of our teams and leave ego at the door!
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you’re starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert customer insight on a feature – whatever the mission, we get it done!
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.