- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We’re looking for new Portuguese speaking Customer Support Associates to join our team of CS Rockstars in our Tampa, Florida office!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help Portuguese speaking customers have an excellent experience with Wise via phone and email contacts. This isn’t your normal call center – we do things differently – and our Portuguese speaking Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $16.00 per hour, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company, and a wide array of other benefits!
Check us out here for more info on our available positions and Wise: https://www.wise.jobs
- Provide world-class customer support via email and phone channels for Portuguese and sometimes English speaking customers all over the world
- Understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business’s success and make that your goal for every contact
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English and Portuguese language skills – You must be fluent in both, as our business language is English, but you’ll be helping Portuguese speaking customers (Any additional languages would be awesome and are always welcome )
- You’re flexible. Our Portuguese lines are open 24/7, and with our teams in Europe taking the very early morning shifts, our Tampa based Portuguese team handles shifts that are later in the afternoon and evenings. This team works Monday-Friday, plus 2 weekend days per month, with shifts ranging from 10am-6pm being the earliest shift and the latest shift being 4:00pm-Midnight. Currently, 1 week per month are 4pm-Midnight shifts. Please keep in mind that these times can change with the needs of our customers, so we’re specifically looking for scheduling flexibility and a desire to work later shifts for this role (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial CS training)
- You’re organized. You’re methodical in your approach, with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask. Your lead will help you develop and remove blockers if they can, but they won’t stand over your shoulder, trusting you with the autonomy to meet and exceed your performance metrics and also deliver a great customer experience
- You’re cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense – a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will
- You’re open-minded. You’re comfortable and calm when giving or receiving feedback, you crave information, love learning new things, and you can’t wait to be part of the team
- You’re a team-player. You’re straight up and honest. You’re able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will. Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’re ideally someone who has worked in customer support before (preferably in banking or finance), but we’re willing to work with the right person, whatever your experience. We’re looking for genuine people who work hard and love helping others, so if that sounds like you, tell us why you’re a great fit!
- You’ve got a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You’re great at the keyboard and your typing speed is at least 35 words-per-minute
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot sponsor Visas for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position based in Tampa, Florida
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – You’ll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers, using your voice to guide them and take ownership over cases to increase your product knowledge and find a resolution for the customer. We’re all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn’t just a job to us!
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We’re a data driven company and we all have performance metrics to maintain, but we don’t believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We’re 2500+ Wisers strong, with over 70 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on this, but we also take care of our teams and leave ego at the door!
- Inspire Teams – With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you’ll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whether you’re starting a side project from scratch or working with a product team to offer expert customer insight on a feature – whatever the mission, we get it done!
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.