- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We are looking for a capable Head of Knowledge Management to help us lead KM Framework processes in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, develop with a high-performing team and help save millions more people money. Your mission is to implement and lead our global knowledge management strategy and framework. As the Global Head of Knowledge Management, you’ll report directly to the Global Service Delivery Lead and lead our global knowledge management team, while cooperating with our internal Customer Support & outsourcing teams, as well as the various CS support functions like Training, WFM, QA, CI and more.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
The Head of Knowledge Management will lead the Knowledge Management (KM) function across the global operational teams of Wise (Customer Support Team, Compliance Team, Payment Ops Team), to ensure a viable and value-adding service to the business.
The KM Lead as a key member of the Service Delivery Function will define and drive the strategy, will design and lead implementation of the KM Governance Framework, processes around content creation and work with the Support Tribe product teams to achieve the vision.
- Here’s how you’ll be contributing as Head of Knowledge Management
- Defines the KM strategy to ensure alignment with the firm’s strategic objectives and company culture & builds a light-weight, efficient team of KM managers and specialists
- Leads the implementation and roadmap of the Knowledge Program with focus on achieving the strategic goals of the Support Tribe
- Responsible for cross-functional collaboration with the Global Service Delivery Function (Continuous Improvement, Quality, Change Management Teams), Product Teams, Learning & Development, Operations and other Wise functions as deemed necessary to deliver Service Delivery Function strategy
- Responsible for the awareness and adoption of knowledge process and system, and design new knowledge distribution policies, and ensure that KM is firmly embedded in business processes
- Engages with stakeholders and business units related to knowledge management programs, included but not limited to: content analysis, document management, data capture, portals, shared storage locations, workflow, data warehousing, decision support, information dissemination
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems
- Lead the development and implementation of content strategies for Wise’s external and internal systems including discovery, planning, analysis, migration, delivery and governance
- Establish and control the KM budget
- Monitors and evaluates the knowledge management program, including external and internal benchmarking and establishment of Key Performance Indicators to quantify the effectiveness of the knowledge program related to adoption, usage and maintenance of the knowledge management platform
- Set standards for knowledge content management considering audience’s needs based purpose of use of knowledge
- You’re experienced. A veteran people Lead with at least 5+ years in a Customer Support contact center and 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in setting up and scaling Knowledge Management governance, systems and processes
- Strong skills to deliver projects and experience in collaborating with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Experience with producing knowledge base articles, procedure descriptions, user guides
- Knowledge of process flowcharting methodology (BPMN)
- Highly developed negotiating, influencing and communication skills
- The ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive to create a positive working relationship with the business and the team
- Experience in managing and leading a team, showing understanding of different cultures to achieve global business objectives
- Experience in a tech/startup environment
- You’re passionate. About customer experience, technology, leading people, building teams, and making a difference for people in your work. These aren’t just lines on a job description, you genuinely enjoy what you do
- You’re data-driven. You’ll set targets, drive analysis, define KPIs and work with all support teams & functions such as Workforce Management, Training, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance.
- You’ve got one eye on the future. You’ll draft (or participate in drafting) and monitor the performance of the knowledge management framework, and you’ll be a leading contributor in CS strategy planning, as well as developing an operational plan that will align with and allow our support functions to thrive as we scale towards our long-term goals.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You’ve got impeccable verbal and written English skills and you’ve worked internationally, cross-team, or cross-geo before, so you’ll quickly pick up on how best to communicate effectively across different cultures, time zones, and whatever else – You also welcome an open feedback culture, happy both giving and receiving feedback to or from anyone in the organization
- You’re flexible. Under more normal circumstances, you may travel internationally 2 or 3 times a year (usually for a week or two), as well as potential ad hoc trips for 1-off projects, and you’re comfortable with a varied work schedule since you’ll occasionally be starting early or staying online late for meetings with our US or APAC teams – and you’ll definitely need to embrace a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment and be excited to solve new problems
- You’re reliable. You’ll be a model Knowledge Management emissary as you effectively manage, delegate, oversee, or contribute to cross-team projects, no sweat – You’ve also got the ability to multitask and handle a varied workload, and you always take responsibility in challenging situations – In short, you get it done.
- You’re customer-focused. This should go without saying, but this is your guiding light. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that, so you always have the customer’s best interest in mind and you cultivate this mindset into your teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in Hungary
- Clean police report (Erkölcsi bizonyítvány)
- If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Office: Budapest, Hungary
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- Private healthcare plan, with additional 3 health days per year.
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- Wellbeing support – You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- Working from home support – You’ll get financial support to help set up your home office, as we continue to work from home
- See the full list of our benefits here.