- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to to help Wise achieve Mission 0 through moving towards product and operational excellence.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
As a Knowledge Management Lead you will play a key role in building a well structured, easy to use and up to date knowledge base. As a result of your work, our customer support metrics should improve, our handle times and resolution times decrease and the efficiency metrics of our operations should increase, ultimately resulting in lower operating costs.
You will support your team of experts in implementation of our knowledge management strategy and framework.You’ll report directly to the Senior Knowledge Management Lead (CS), while cooperating with our internal and outsourcing teams, as well as the various support functions like Training, WFM and more. You’ll also join the GSD leads to build an exceptional work environment in your area of focus.
As Knowledge Management Lead you will utilise industry specific methodologies such as Business Process Model and Notation, Process Design Implementing and advocating our knowledge management framework you’ll help building a process database, monitor their documentation, implement measurement of impact, and coordinate sharing the knowledge. You will act as ambassador of the knowledge management culture in the organisation.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Build your team and inspire them to join our mission. As a lead you will actively contribute to Knowledge Management experts individual development.
- Take part in our mission to make money without borders the new normal through executing operational actions with the regional Knowledge Management Expert Team.
- Take responsibility for the review of processes and Knowledge Management articles, for publication of the Knowledge Management article in alignment with the relevant stakeholders. You will own process documentation creation incl. documentation of the process flow charts.
- Act as a focal point related to documentation for your designated focus area ( product, currency or operational). Apply Business Process Model and Notation for process documentation initiatives and act as a Knowledge Management Coach for the assigned teams
- You’re experienced. An experienced people lead with at least 2+ years in Customer Support or SSC or similar as a specialist or agent and 1+ years in a leadership role.
- You’re passionate. About customer experience, technology, leading people, building teams, and making a difference for people in your work. These aren’t just lines on a job description, you genuinely enjoy what you do.
- You’re data-driven. You’ll help setting targets, drive analysis and implementation projects,based on KPIs for your team and work with all support functions such as Continuous Improvement, Workforce Management, Training and Quality Assurance.
- You get it done. You will drive the performance of your area of responsibility and people reporting to you. You’ll translate operational plans into actions and enable your team to achieve set goals long or short term.
- You’re a team-builder. You’re not hidden in a corner office somewhere, but rather work among your teams – You are hands on! Developing your team, and ensuring that we’re delivering on the business needs by guaranteeing that our procedures and processes are continuously documented and aligned clearly at all levels. You look for the best options for content design solutions and processes. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders from an array of different teams.
- You’re a self-starter. With a proven track record of taking individual ownership and solving problems creatively, you’ll design, develop, and execute projects for your team and the Support Tribe – While also exploring and documenting CS work flows in order to enhance efficiency
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You’ve got impeccable verbal and written English skills and you’ve worked internationally, cross-team, or cross-geo before, so you’ll quickly pick up on how best to communicate effectively across different cultures, time zones, and whatever else – You also welcome an open feedback culture, happy both giving and receiving feedback to or from anyone in the organization.
- You’re flexible. Under more normal circumstances, you may travel internationally 2 or 3 times a year (usually for a week or two), as well as potential ad hoc trips for 1-off projects, and you’re comfortable with a varied work schedule since you’ll occasionally be starting early or staying online late for meetings with our US or APAC teams – and you’ll definitely need to embrace a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment and be excited to solve new problems.
- You’re reliable. You’ll be a model Knowledge Management emissary as you effectively manage, delegate, oversee, or contribute to cross-team projects, no sweat – You’ve also got the ability to multitask and handle a varied workload, and you always take responsibility in challenging situations – In short, you get it done.
- You’ve got some tech skills. Having a good understanding of Business Process Model and Notation, Content Design or similar will be a good start, or you are willing to learn these.
- You’re customer-focused. This should go without saying, but this is your guiding light. Our customers come first and we make no compromises on that, so you always have the customer’s best interest in mind and you cultivate this mindset into your teams.
- You’re legally authorised to work in Estonia/the EU.
- If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English, and answering the application questions.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.