- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Design & UI
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
- Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
- Senior Product Designer - Compliance Lifecycle
- The Compliance Lifecycle SAT (Stream Aligned Team) has a mandate to keep the client and bank safe but ensuring a pleasant experience for the client during the whole lifecycle from onboarding, transacting through offboarding.
- Our main stakeholders include Compliance, Anti-Financial Crime and Customer Support.
The key focus areas for the Compliance Lifecycle SAT is to improve the onboarding process of new clients but at the same time preventing undesirable customers from signing up and ensuring compliance with regional laws and regulations. Making sure there is less friction with clients through clear messaging and notifications on any compliance status during the whole lifecycle.
The Senior Product Designer will help define a best-in-class user experience for our product, partnering with Product Managers, UXR, engineering and fellow designers. This is a role for a designer with extensive experience crafting creative and usable interfaces with a strong focus on client needs in a collaborative environment. The Senior Designer’s role would be to also inspire and elevate the other members of the design team by providing guidance and mentorship, setting an example by following best practices, bringing innovative technological ideas, and defining and ensuring a design process is followed.
You’d be an advocate for the importance of UCD, UX and UX research, lean and agile methodologies. You’d support the Product team in shaping the product’s strategy and vision by being an active participant in the Ideation and R&D stage. You’d be expected to periodically do benchmarking & research, and utilizing data to further develop the product as well as grow strategic concepts through design exploration, ideation, and user validation as part of a cross-functional team.
Your work will bring our clients a sense of delight every time they use our product.
- Design interfaces, flows, interactions and experiences for new features that will directly impact our clients lives.
- Collaborate with Product and UXR on ongoing discovery, to understand client attitudes, behaviours, and needs
- Be an advocate for end-users and their needs, expectations & pain-points
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to conceptualise solutions
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, to produce data-informed solutions that consider problems from multiple angles.
- Effectively communicate product design ideas to cross-functional teams, business stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Empathise with users through testing and persona development & reviews
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Track changing user preferences and adapt & improve existing designs.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities by understanding current user frustrations and unmet needs
- Be an advocate and strive for best-in-class user experience and best practices in terms of UX/UI design and design processes
- Experience conceptualising & designing new client onboarding experiences
- An analytical mind, able to balance business and customer needs and constraints
- We want someone who has a keen interest in the behavioural psychology of users.
- Experience in working as part of multi functional squads, and agile workflows to deliver features at a very fast pace.
- You’ll need to possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You are data driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions.
- Conceptualise and execute with speed and scale
- Be fluent in Figma & Adobe creative suite
- Promote design guidelines and best practices
- Actively contribute to the Design System and help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Participate in Design Reviews by giving and welcoming feedback
- Provide guidance and share expertise with more junior members of the team
- Take part in the hiring process of qualified design candidates to help identify top talent in the candidate pool.
- Support your squad in identifying dependencies between cross-functional teams and be an advocate for cross-collaboration when needed
- Work closely with the UXR to identify areas for research and drive improvements
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.