- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Engineering QA
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
A cloud native application platform automates infrastructure provisioning and configuration, dynamically allocating and reallocating resources at deploy time based on the needs of the application. Building on a cloud native runtime optimises application life-cycle management, including scaling to meet demand, resource utilisation, orchestration across available resources, and recovery from failures with minimum downtime.
This approach reduces cognitive load on teams (they have less to think about) and it creates a standard way of building software. This brings additional benefits with onboarding new developers or adding additional development teams. The platform team also has a role to play in developer mentoring and support; helping development teams understand how good cloud native software operates.
In successful software organisations, development teams can consume core services in a self-service manner from a central platform team. Examples of such services include:
- Infrastructure provisioning (Compute, Network, Storage)
- CI/CD pipelines and underlying tooling
- Standardised mechanisms to log, monitor and troubleshoot their services in all environments
- Codified templates to create new services in line with agreed architectural patterns
- Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
The development community are your core customers. The driving principles that underpin this function are:
- A focus on the ongoing sustainable maintenance and operability of our developer platform.
- Adopting cloud native principles and a focus upon relentless automation and testing of change.
- We will only operate what we absolutely must, favour buy over build and SaaS over on-prem.
- Providing high quality fast feedback to development teams.
- Building a platform that is architected to scale and handle change, be that new services, new customers, new regulations, new tooling or a change in demand.
- Proactively work to identify and reduce toil through the implementation of sustainable automated mechanisms
- Build high quality observability into everything we do by building self serve alerts, dashboards, metrics and events.
- Deliver self-serve capabilities to our developers that allow them to provision, manage and operate their own infrastructure.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to colleagues around how to build sustainable services.
- Participate in our on call rota
- Keep security and compliance at the forefront of all you do
- Act as Quality Champion inside the team, ensuring that each work item have testing approach defined and team knows where to move in Quality Assurance
- Strong Problem solving skills and a growth mindset, the ability to learn and use the best in class technology and tools to address our requirements.
- A deep technical knowledge of software and systems – able to dive into details with engineers and speak in plain language with stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of current technology developments and has demonstrated the ability to retain competitive advantage by implementing relevant technologies in software products.
- Experience building immutable Infrastructure and Configuration as code, experience working in a GitOps environment a major plus.
- Ideally is comfortable in a variety of scripting and coding languages
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, deploying, and administering complex Amazon AWS cloud environments. Preferably AWS certified and has a good understanding of the Amazon Well Architected Framework.
- Strong understanding of Docker and best practices.
- Strong Quality mindset.
- Experience working with Test Automation tools / libraries for Platform / DevOps / SRE / IaC teams and actually writing those tests (e.g. terratest, checkov, etc).
- Ideally Test Automation / Quality Engineer background.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.