- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Engineering QA
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
Xapo is currently changing it’s approach to Quality - from it’s current Quality Assurance (closer to Quality Control) with a big focus on manual testing - to Quality Engineering, with a shift in the Quality activities left, making Quality the responsibility of the whole team and much more attention given to test automation. We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join the team and become a Quality role model that will help us build a Quality Engineering function within the organization. You will bring your Quality knowledge and experience to ensure the quality activities are successfully done by the team, as early as possible, with a significant focus on the prevention of bugs so that the best system is built as the desired outcome.
Our structure in Quality Engineering:
Head of Quality Engineering directly reports into the CTO, and leads the Quality Coaches towards implementation of the Quality vision. We have Quality Engineers inside each team, they are reporting to Quality Coaches, which are supporting multiple teams each.
We are focusing on empowering teams to deliver software with built-in Quality at high speed, not dictating or doing top to bottom decisions, instead, we provide all of the required knowledge, data and instruments to achieve the desired level of Quality.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Make sure that the team is aware of real product quality and customer experience impact of changes and bugs / incidents
- Be aware of business priorities and most important business areas and actively use this knowledge during Test Planning and discussions
- Proactively raise any Quality related issues
- Actively participate in all meetings to ensure that Quality aspects are taking into account
- Ensure that all work items had Quality Discussion with Testing Notes as outcome
- Ensure that all components have clear Test Strategy and everyone on the team onboard with it
- Make sure that all deliverables have the desired level of Quality
- Make sure that all deliverables have clear testing evidences
- Follow up on bugs
- Ensure that Root Cause Analysis and Escaped Defect Analysis was done for bugs & incidents
- Focus more on Quality Management and less on Testing
- Manage Quality related tech debt items in the backlog of the team
- Ensure that test cases are properly organized and up-to-date
- Ensure that Monitoring & Alerts are in place, up-to-date and continuously reviewed
- Make sure that Quality Engineering Metrics are collected, continuously reviewed and acted upon
- Do Pair Testing, a lot
- Make sure that even after going on vacation for 1 month, team can continue delivering with close to same speed
- Test all items alone - Quality Engineer is not to give Quality Stamps
- Create Testing Notes alone
- Do all tests manually
- Retest after automated tests
- Write all test cases with very detailed steps
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering roles.
- Experience ensuring Quality of Mobile applications as well as Backend services.
- Experience in doing both UI and Backend Test Automation, including building Test Automation Framework from scratch.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practices, with focus around Quality aspects.
- Experience in working with microservices architecture.
- Experience working with close collaboration with Software Engineers and Product Owners with focus on enabling the whole team to deliver quality software and not trying to be bottleneck in any Quality question.
- Experience with working in Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and understanding of how to set proper Quality processes within such teams.
- Strong focus on data-driven decision making.
- Autonomy and proactivity skills.
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.