- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
- We are seeking a Product Owner for Wallet and Payments to join our global team.
- Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
You will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the product and services team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product as it relates to money flows. Among other responsibilities, you will gather feature requests, facilitate comprehensive requirements gathering, schedule releases and coordinate sprints.
- Cooperate with Product Manager and Service Manager from design through execution and implementation;
- Build a strong understanding of how Xapo customers send, receive and hold funds, and discover how Xapo can make this simpler, faster and cheaper;
- Own the end-to-end delivery of new payments features and improvements to existing features;
- Assess opportunities, understand behaviour and test hypotheses using data analysis;
- Bridge business needs with technology solutions by translating the business requirements into technical requirements;
- Facilitate conversations between the Business and Technology to determine the “what” and the “how” of product features;
- Identify the impact of new features on the end-to-end systems landscape to satisfy requirements delivery across the board; and
- Cooperate and lead cross-functional teams if needed with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, primarily payment providers and partner banks, to identify new technical requirements and solutions, or to solve technical issues.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Service Manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI;
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product;
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and completion of detailed user stories; and
- Set Sprint goals.
Oversee and manage development stages
- Participate in scrum teams as the Product Owner;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined tasks to work on;
- Remove or mitigate impediments to the team progress, serve as the point of contact between teams and other departments and ensure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Plan, execute and monitor UAT; and
- Document new product features and system.
Evaluate product progress
- Monitor the product and the platforms’ performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Recommend and execute operational improvements, work with appropriate functional areas to simplify the way we do business and create a better client experience;
- Tracks product progress through visualization of workflow, issue status validation, roadmap planning and real time resources; and
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Build knowledge on industry developments, provider landscape and regulatory changes, to become the go-to person for all things payments related at Xapo;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development;
- Be aware of competitors in the FinTech industry;
- Be up-to-date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ years;
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field;
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and architecture principles;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles;
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master qualification is a plus;
- Experience shipping market-leading products in a fast-growing fintech and/or payments company as Senior Product Owner is essential;
- Experience and subject matter expertise in financial services, payments, correspondent banking and banking operations specifically is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Creative thinker with a vision;
- Driven and Self-motivated;
- Builds trust at all levels;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to perform under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English;
- Experience working in Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.