- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
We’re looking for a Backend Developer Lead to join our Cards domain. Our premium debit card is a core part of Xapo’s value proposition. The team strives to deliver a secure and delightful debit card experience for Xapo clients worldwide.
At Xapo we are building truly cross functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build, test, delivery and operations. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, apps, design and QA communities of practice.
As a Developer Lead you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.
- Support, coach and develop team members into top performing engineers
- Build a great place to work for talented and motivated people
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency and security.
- Take full end to end responsibility of the services your team owns, from development through to production operation
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (we use Python)
- Great teamwork and communication skills, comfortable preparing high quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding of microservice architectures, container based 12 factor apps and cloud native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Experience building contract first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at unit, contract, service and end to end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly and with quality. Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understands the role of high quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
- Experience working in Finance is beneficial
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.