- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
The role of the Director of Engineering is to support the CTO, ensuring that engineers have the tools, support and technical guidance they require to perform at the highest level.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Work closely with the CTO and our product organisation to develop the technical vision and strategy that will deliver a world class banking experience to our customers
- Lead and support the Engineering Managers and their teams building high performing autonomous teams
- Seek opportunities to simplify and standardize designs, operations, and deployment plans, focus on reducing complexity and providing performance, agility, and scalability
- Work closely with the architecture function to develop and adhere to developed architectural principles
- Ensuring all teams evolve by adopting modern practices to achieve their goals: pair programming, test-driven development, continuous delivery, etc;
- Working with our engineering teams to identify impediments and devising solutions to remove friction and constraints.
- A strong technologist with a love of problem solving
- A seasoned multi-disciplinary engineering leader and visionary
- Has significant experience of running high throughput, low latency services using the latest cloud based technologies and understands the cloud native architectural best practices that can produce change tolerant software platforms. These systems support high levels of scale and availability.
- Has demonstrated the ability to build high performing, cross functional engineering teams and to provide an environment for team members to avoid burnout and to flourish and grow their careers. Has experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering engineering best practices and continuous improvement.
- Stays abreast of current technology developments and has demonstrated the ability to retain competitive advantage by implementing relevant technologies in software products.
- Has led software organisations of at least 50 engineers and preferably has experience in leading fully remote teams.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.